Alternate Jerseys that should be the main jerseys.

Chewbacca

I agree with just about all of these mentioned so far. Being from Texas, I especially agree about the Astros shooting stars, Texans battle red (with white pants), and Rockets ketchup and mustard uniforms. I also strongly believe Texas Tech should ditch any alt uniforms including grey or the lone star pride. The white helmet is okay, and the throwback set was awesome! But being the RED raiders, they should primarily go with black helmets and red uniforms with either white pants (preferred) or red pants and then pick a couple big night games a year to go all black or black with red pants

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

krodbrewers.jpg

Absolutely not. The current Brewers colors, logo and uniforms are vastly superior to this thing. Outside of the fact that most people grew up with them having this uniform; what is so great about a baseball glove logo with a generic lowercase "m" and "b" embedded inside it?

krodbrewers.jpg

Absolutely not. The current Brewers colors, logo and uniforms are vastly superior to this thing. Outside of the fact that most people grew up with them having this uniform; what is so great about a baseball glove logo with a generic lowercase "m" and "b" embedded inside it?

I just hate the navy/old gold more than anything. I'd settle for just a recoloring of their regular set to royal/varsity gold.

For me with that Brewer look, it's the basic color scheme. It's really nice and it's hard to believe how little-used it is now. And that jersey is beautiful. I know the wordmark is basic but it looks really sharp on the pinstripes.

I would like this to be their primary home jersey and color scheme but not to use the ball-in-glove cap logo. They'd need some sort of "M".

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

garrett-jones-of-the-pirates.jpg

Isn't this their regular road jerseys?

I get what you're saying. I absolutely love the black though. I think many fans enjoy it and the team must as well considering the frequency that they wear them. It works equally well on the road and at home. I'll stop short of saying it should be their primary.

krodbrewers.jpg

I hate, hate, hate when people lie about other's opinion about the ball and glove by making false claims about nostalgia. It's infintently better than their current soulless, bland, corporate schlock. It's genuine ingenious how they took the team's initials and formed it into a perfectly normal looking glove. There's also the beautiful colour scheme and lack of 10 million pointless alternates.

So fine, have your (incorrect) opinion about the retro look and their current identity. But don't claim people disagree with you for I genuine reason. I'm sure most people on here who love that logo have no nostalgia for the 78-93 Brewers, me included. Me just appreciate brilliant design when we see it.

By the way I only love the logo, the design (besides the colors) of those uniforms was rather uninspired, but the ball in glove makes up for it.

krodbrewers.jpg

I hate, hate, hate when people lie about other's opinion about the ball and glove by making false claims about nostalgia. It's infintently better than their current soulless, bland, corporate schlock. It's genuine ingenious how they took the team's initials and formed it into a perfectly normal looking glove. There's also the beautiful colour scheme and lack of 10 million pointless alternates.

So fine, have your (incorrect) opinion about the retro look and their current identity. But don't claim people disagree with you for I genuine reason. I'm sure most people on here who love that logo have no nostalgia for the 78-93 Brewers, me included. Me just appreciate brilliant design when we see it.

By the way I only love the logo, the design (besides the colors) of those uniforms was rather uninspired, but the ball in glove makes up for it.

Complete agree. It's one thing to disagree with another's opinion. Fine. But to dismiss it as "nostalgia" is damn annoying, and honestly, makes me think you really have doubts about your own opinion, if that's the best you can do.

krodbrewers.jpg

I find it funny that you dislike the Ball-In-Glove logo for being "generic," yet you like the uniforms with Times New Roman as its number font.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

krodbrewers.jpg

I find it funny that you dislike the Ball-In-Glove logo for being "generic," yet you like the uniforms with Times New Roman as its number font.

Regardless of the font used, it matches their identity.. I think the point of disliking the BiG logo is that it could represent any team with B's and M's that plays baseball, but doesn't suggest anything related to the nickname.. I personally find it to be an incredibly clever and nicely rendered logo, but again, it doesn't represent the identity of beer brewing that the nickname suggests, and the current branding does a very good job of that.

krodbrewers.jpg

Regardless of the font used, it matches their identity.. I think the point of disliking the BiG logo is that it could represent any team with B's and M's that plays baseball, but doesn't suggest anything related to the nickname.. I personally find it to be an incredibly clever and nicely rendered logo, but again, it doesn't represent the identity of beer brewing that the nickname suggests, and the current branding does a very good job of that.

Yeah, I've heard that before, and I think it's a pretty silly reason to dislike it.

Here's a few other teams whose cap logo doesn't represent their nicknames...

caps_zpsxkgfnad5.png

Archived