Alternate Jerseys that should be the main jerseys.

Chewbacca

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so if we're going to be technical and smartie-pants, then yes.. But each of those does specifically represent the team's location.. The BiG tries to use both the initials of the location and the nickname to create a cap logo, which is a big "no-no" in my book to begin with (using letter initials for nicknames rather than imagery).. So, to use your examples, the BiG logo would appear to represent a team whose location is represented by MB or BM.. It would be a great cap for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, but not for the Milwaukee Brewers.. Their current cap fits with your examples by representing the location name, but fits the beer brewing imagery with the beer label like font and piece of wheat..

Cowboys-blue_inside.Thanksgiving.jpgCards2-590x518.jpgScreen-shot-2013-08-19-at-12.46.17--590x

That Cowboys Navy jersey isn't an alternate, it's the rarely-worn color jersey of the Cowboys.

I like all of those uniforms, particularly the blue and red Angels set.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

garrett-jones-of-the-pirates.jpg

Isn't this their regular road jerseys?

Yes, but the point is they wear their black alt more often

wish I could like this x 25

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

krodbrewers.jpg

Absolutely not. The current Brewers colors, logo and uniforms are vastly superior to this thing. Outside of the fact that most people grew up with them having this uniform; what is so great about a baseball glove logo with a generic lowercase "m" and "b" embedded inside it?

I find it funny that you dislike the Ball-In-Glove logo for being "generic," yet you like the uniforms with Times New Roman as its number font.

I like everything but the lettering. I'd rather Brewers would be the script version (1993)

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I love me some Brewers BiG logo and uniform, but as a throwback alternate. I believe the current set captures the identity of "Brewers" about a thousand times better. What I want is a BiG (and Barrel Man) recolored into the current colors and used as the primary logos with the current uniforms. Don't get me wrong I love the throwbacks and like most Wisconsinites most the of Brewer clothes I own are throwbacks to the BiG, but I think it should stay a throwback alt.

garrett-jones-of-the-pirates.jpg

Isn't this their regular road jerseys?
Yes, but the point is they wear their black alt more often

Top 5 away set in the majors. I'd be alright with the alt if they'd use it as an alt. Also the pointless alt hat is as stupid as it gets...

Cowboys-blue_inside.Thanksgiving.jpgCards2-590x518.jpgScreen-shot-2013-08-19-at-12.46.17--590x

That Cowboys Navy jersey isn't an alternate, it's the rarely-worn color jersey of the Cowboys.

And that Angels uniform isn't an alternate, it's a throwback, so it WAS their main uniform at one time.

The red pops out nicely against the navy.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived