Alternate Jerseys that should be the main jerseys.

Chewbacca

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, the worst part of the current Brewers uniforms is the colors. It's the exact dull switch the St. Louis Rams gave us... exchange an awesome royal blue and bright yellow-gold for a snooze worthy navy and pasty beige-gold. Nasty. For me, I'd rather see the current uniform, in the old colors.

IMO, vegas gold looks like crap in every sport outside of football, because in football you can go metallic with the helmet like Notre Dame. That shade of gold looks like rancid mustard as a matte fabric.

Normally I would completely agree with a team eliminating vegas gold as it can be a dull color. But for the Brewers, this is the absolutely perfect color since it looks like beer. Off of the top of my head I can not think of another team where the team's color so perfectly captures their teams gimmick. Top to bottom it is so close to being a perfect uniform (at least the white set).

That thought would've never occurred to me. And now that you mention it...

fa3baf5bd20fb842_Beer_glass_pairing_quizWillSmith_GoldJersey_WS_BennySieu.jpg

Nope. Still don't like it.

Rumors are that the Rams will go throwback for their next uniform (which would coincide with a return to LA). I'm hoping it's the blue and gold, although blue and white is another strong possibility.

nfl-game-slide-1972-roman-gabriel_los-an

I'm still predicting it will be both. Whatever combo isn't the primary will be the alternate.

UFatjr.jpg

Obviously, they're overdue for a kelly green overhaul

Titans-Navy-Don-McPeak.jpg

I think this is technically an "alternate" now... the light blue primary just doesn't work for me

Navy blue has become the primary home color of the Titans. There are several posts on here to that effect.

Dude give it a rest. Every time I see you commenting in topics like this it pretty much brings down the entire thread.

tobias-funke-david-cross-arrested-develo

But do these effectively hide my thunder?

UFatjr.jpg

Obviously, they're overdue for a kelly green overhaul

Those are beautiful, but I would love to see some form the the Cunningham era return.

p-p-randall-cunningham-br_pg_600.jpg

I've always preferred that sleeve logo versus the current one.

atl-12-black-home-toddkirkland-hor-620x4

I would love to see these beauties become Atlanta's full-time uniforms when their new stadium opens up in 2017.

Oh, damn... I can't believe I didn't post that.

That is easily a top 5 all-time NFL uniform.

slideshow_1222120_6.jpg

3841287742_004a77b7db_b.jpg

132680064_display_image.jpg?1337319893

Glorious. I'd be perfectly happy to see this become the primary, as is, but if could be easily modified without hurting it's beauty. A black facemask for the gray facemask crybabies, drop the gold helmet stripes for the "gold isn't one of their colors" crybabies... hell, I wouldn't even complain too much if they felt like they had to use the clearly inferior current logo, since they overpaid for it . It would still be one of the best uniforms, if not the best, in the NFL.

Cowboys-blue_inside.Thanksgiving.jpg

The one thing I don't like about those uniforms are the double outlines around the number font. Just get rid of it and it would be spectacular.

This should be the Rays permanent road uniform. Keep the grays around as a clash uni if the home team wears blue.

RaysPhilliesBaseball-0c43d.jpg?uuid=7VSL

I wish the script was actually white (like their cap logo) instead of navy. You can't really see it that well from far away.

For me, the worst part of the current Brewers uniforms is the colors. It's the exact dull switch the St. Louis Rams gave us... exchange an awesome royal blue and bright yellow-gold for a snooze worthy navy and pasty beige-gold. Nasty. For me, I'd rather see the current uniform, in the old colors.

IMO, vegas gold looks like crap in every sport outside of football, because in football you can go metallic with the helmet like Notre Dame. That shade of gold looks like rancid mustard as a matte fabric.

For me, it's everything. The drab colors, the terrible number font, the drop shadows, the wheat underline on the "M," the goofy little underline on the wordmark, their minimal use of "Milwaukee." There really is nothing I like about the set. I don't really love the BiG. So it's not about going back to an old look (in total; I would like 'em to do so with the colors). These uniforms are among the worst in MLB.

Regarding the gold as "the color of beer" I have to admit that this thought never once crossed my mind prior to reading it on this thread. I personally don't think it's the least bit vital that they use a "beer" color. Certainly not if it gets in the way of having an attractive look (which, IMO, it has).

Just curious, what do you have against the drop shadow and the wheat underline?

I would love to see these beauties become Atlanta's full-time uniforms when their new stadium opens up in 2017.

If they're modernized then yes.

I'd be ok if the Falcons switched logos, because of the helmet rule and wear the 90's home uniforms, since they can't wear the ones posted anymore. As a Falcon fan, it's a little disappointing to finally have good to decent seasons, have their best qb and wr at the franchise leaders and have those poor jerseys. :(

They could also revert to grey pants, keep the grey mask, and change the gold stripes to grey/silver

Don't think grey pants would work. I usually like when the helmet and pants match, but red pants would be a little much with the black jersey I think. So white is fine. At least it matches the number, gray wouldn't match anything but the facemask.

OH2zdH.jpg

God,that is the best uniform of all time.

I feel like I bring this up every year, but that look is almost perfect. The helmet and jersey needs to match, though, to reach it. Whether that be making the helmet royal (or given the Giants' treatment) or making the jersey navy. Preferably the former though the latter would still be a good look. As it is it still drives me a bit insane watching them and having the pet peeve of the blues being different. And yes, I know the Giants had the same issue, but they rectified that.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Dude give it a rest. Every time I see you commenting in topics like this it pretty much brings down the entire thread.

tobias-funke-david-cross-arrested-develo

But do these effectively hide my thunder?

WTF? I'm sure that's a reference or a joke but what does it have to do with what I said?

Oh, damn... I can't believe I didn't post that.

That is easily a top 5 all-time NFL uniform.

slideshow_1222120_6.jpg

3841287742_004a77b7db_b.jpg

132680064_display_image.jpg?1337319893

Glorious. I'd be perfectly happy to see this become the primary, as is, but if could be easily modified without hurting it's beauty. A black facemask for the gray facemask crybabies, drop the gold helmet stripes for the "gold isn't one of their colors" crybabies... hell, I wouldn't even complain too much if they felt like they had to use the clearly inferior current logo, since they overpaid for it . It would still be one of the best uniforms, if not the best, in the NFL.

Those Falcons uniforms are the best they've had. they are simple but effective. I don't even mind when they use a black helmet instead of red.

They could also revert to grey pants, keep the grey mask, and change the gold stripes to grey/silver

Don't think grey pants would work. I usually like when the helmet and pants match, but red pants would be a little much with the black jersey I think. So white is fine. At least it matches the number, gray wouldn't match anything but the facemask.

They have a history in grey pants.. Specifically with that older uniform set, which is why I said "revert" to grey pants.. It's fine for the giants and the Georgia bulldogs (who don't even have the grey mask), but not the Falcons, who have a history of using them? And who's to say a sliver of silver/grey couldn't be used here and there to ensure that it matched more than just the mask (although I already mentioned the gold helmet striping being changed to silver as well)?

Archived