Alternate Jerseys that should be the main jerseys.

Chewbacca

Gorgeous!Dolphins-14_native_1600.jpg

WAY better than their current look. These will become their primary in a few years...especially if their new stadium gets built.

For comparison, The throwback blows the new look out of the water:

temp_OZA4342--nfl_mezz_1280_1024_origina

I do like the brighter shade of teal/aqua/light blue, what ever it goes by nowadays. Thats about all that is salvageable from that set.

Comparing the two all the new uniform needs are shoulder stripes

And socks stripes, more orange and getting rid of Miami wordmark on the butt...

I can cosign on the Miami tramp stamp being removed. This Dolphins set is really clean look so I wouldn't want to add too much just for the sake of looking like an old look. Shoulder stripes and thicker orange on the numerals. Leave the socks.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gorgeous!Dolphins-14_native_1600.jpg

WAY better than their current look. These will become their primary in a few years...especially if their new stadium gets built.

For comparison, The throwback blows the new look out of the water:

temp_OZA4342--nfl_mezz_1280_1024_origina

I do like the brighter shade of teal/aqua/light blue, what ever it goes by nowadays. Thats about all that is salvageable from that set.

Comparing the two all the new uniform needs are shoulder stripes
And socks stripes, more orange and getting rid of Miami wordmark on the butt...

I can cosign on the Miami tramp stamp being removed. This Dolphins set is really clean look so I wouldn't want to add too much just for the sake of looking like an old look. Shoulder stripes and thicker orange on the numerals. Leave the socks.

I could totally live with that.

BAGG3.jpg Would look even better if they made a away after this

Somehow... I like it. (Yes, I know it's unpopular.) Then again, I like most of what the Roughriders have worn.

They're not perfect, but they are miles ahead of their regular home/aways. I really like the two-tone green, but white pants would go a long way. With that being said, the Riders should be wearing the green and white throwbacks full time.

97935093603.jpg

BAGG3.jpg Would look even better if they made a away after this

Somehow... I like it. (Yes, I know it's unpopular.) Then again, I like most of what the Roughriders have worn.

They're not perfect, but they are miles ahead of their regular home/aways. I really like the two-tone green, but white pants would go a long way. With that being said, the Riders should be wearing the green and white throwbacks full time.

97935093603.jpg

Those uniforms are good, but I like their current helmet logo better tbh.

krodbrewers.jpg

I'll never understand the love for these uniforms. Between the color scheme, the logo, and the plain block fonts, it looks like a generic baseball team from a movie. Clearly inferior to the Germanic uniforms.

True, but both of those are vastly superior to the awful current uniforms.

I can only assume Goth is joking. The current Brewers uniforms are one of the best in MLB.

I don't understand how people can hate the Brewers' throwback jersey. To me, it is a simple jersey that is pleasant on the eyes with a very nice color scheme that is ridiculously underused to the point it's a sports jersey crime, and a brilliant logo to boot. I don't get the mindset where the logo absolutely has to be based on the city and what's unique about it and it really annoys me when people say other people like older jerseys just cause of nostalgia. I wasn't alive when the Brewers wore this. I like it cause it has a great logo, great colors, and a very nice uniform altogether. The BiG logo is up there with the Hartford Whalers. Their current jerseys are really dull in my opinion and unfortunately, I have been finding that I've been thinking that way about quite a few teams in Major League Baseball as of late. I don't like the Brewers wordmark on their current jerseys at all and I have never liked their Navy Blue and Metallic Gold color scheme either. Am I the only one who finds their current wordmark to be really ugly?

Proof that if something is old enough, it automatically becomes good. The current Brewers identity is spectacular, while the "Ball in Glove" look is boring, dated and has nothing to do with the teams namesake.

"Proof that if something is old enough, it automatically becomes good." That statement is not true at all. People like the Brewers throwback because a lot of people, including myself feel it is a much better jersey than what they are wearing now and how can you call the Brewers' BiG logo boring. Are you kidding me, that logo is brilliant. It is up there with the Hartford Whalers old logo.

This might me heading things a bit more off the original topic but:

I partially agree with the old over new. The old colour scheme is better. I would replace the ball-in-glove logo on the sleeve with barrelman. The block BREWERS doesn't do a lot for me. Think the front script wordmark they used in the early 90s was better. Possibly something else a little bit fancier might be an improvement on that as long as it was kept to 1 or 2 colours.

The newer colour scheme is inferior. The M/wheat logo isn't bad, but not up to the barrelman and the ball-in-glove. The current front script wordmark as it is now is okay, but the name on back/numbers - the less said the better.

Waiting for the whole vegas gold/wheat trend and the darkening blues towards and to navy trend to completely die in all pro sports.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but I personally think this should be SKC's primary home look, rather than their secondary kit. It would be a very distinct primary look in MLS, especially with NYCFC and Minnesota both utilizing light blue.

zusi-and-benny.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

After seeing the Miami Dolphins throwback jersey, wow, how they ditched their long time logo for the Cruise Ship logo and the boring as hell jerseys is completely beyond me. The only things I hate about the throwback are the cutoff stripes, thanks Nike and the ziploc collars that teams just got to have. Besides that, Miami, if any of your higher-ups are reading this comment from the one random sports fan on here who goes by Chewbacca on this site, please read. Your old logo with the helmet on the Dolphin is awesome. That is a unique logo that when people see it, they know it is the Miami Dolphins. As for your new logo, it has no character and it is as bland as a Hell's Kitchen risotto. Same with your new jerseys. I like the new aqua color but boy, your jerseys are boring. You're just recycling your practice jerseys right? Oh wait, your not. These are actually your primaries. Your throwbacks are awesome. Why are they not worn 16+ games a year? They shouldn't be a special once in a while throwback alternate, they should be your main jerseys again. Anyway, that's the end of my rant.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but I personally think this should be SKC's primary home look, rather than their secondary kit. It would be a very distinct primary look in MLS, especially with NYCFC and Minnesota both utilizing light blue.

zusi-and-benny.jpg

Agreed - that's a beautiful shirt.

472455042-david-peralta-of-the-arizona-d

Last night I learned that the current Diamondbacks jerseys look as generic in person as they do in pictures. They also look like the say "O-Backs". They need to go back to the purple/teal/gold.

zusi-and-benny.jpg

Why is it surprising? Soccer isn't exactly the most popular sport in this country. I doubt most people even knew what their uniforms looked like.

I would love to see these beauties become Atlanta's full-time uniforms when their new stadium opens up in 2017.

Oh, damn... I can't believe I didn't post that.

That is easily a top 5 all-time NFL uniform.

Glorious. I'd be perfectly happy to see this become the primary, as is, but if could be easily modified without hurting it's beauty. A black facemask for the gray facemask crybabies, drop the gold helmet stripes for the "gold isn't one of their colors" crybabies... hell, I wouldn't even complain too much if they felt like they had to use the clearly inferior current logo, since they overpaid for it . It would still be one of the best uniforms, if not the best, in the NFL.

I don't like that Falcons set as much as you do, but they were still really good. However, I don't know if they'd be much better if they were brought back as a modern everyday uniform. First off, they'd have to have a custom font, likely one which evoked wings or flight, because nobody can use block anymore lolz. Then, the stripes on the pants would probably be altered and shaped like the wing on their logo. Also, you know those great striped socks would go bye-bye. I love it in theory, but I think anything other than "bringing them back untouched" would result in crap.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You've been here long enough to know better than that.

So soccer IS the most popular sport in America? I never got the memo. Last I checked it's still a distant fifth. There's also some arrogance in his post, like "well I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet, because everybody must love soccer and know what every team's uniform looks like!"

That said, I agree with him on the uniform, it's a nice distinctive look that could separate them from NYCFC.

You've been here long enough to know better than that.

So soccer IS the most popular sport in America? I never got the memo. Last I checked it's still a distant fourth. There's also some arrogance in his post, like "well I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet, because everybody must love soccer and know what every team's uniform looks like!"

Soccer is the least popular sport in America... Now Of course things like Rugby and tennis are lower, but what I mean is that of the big 5 in the world... Hockey, Football, Baseball, Basketball and Soccer. Soccer is also confusing to follow, cause there is no Big league to follow, not to mention the fact that they switch their uniforms more than Minor league teams relocate. And the uniforms are covered in ads, with no logo in the front...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

krodbrewers.jpg

Absolutely not. The current Brewers colors, logo and uniforms are vastly superior to this thing. Outside of the fact that most people grew up with them having this uniform; what is so great about a baseball glove logo with a generic lowercase "m" and "b" embedded inside it?

My guess is that throwback set is strongly associated with the best team in Brewers history, the 1982 AL pennant winners. Also, the great players like Yount and Moliter are linked with those uniforms.

Archived