Best Super Bowl uni matchups

cubsfan2015

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid Falcons ruined what could have been an amazing Super Bowl. Vikings vs Broncos would have been an all time great game.

No.... Gary Anderson ruined it by choking when it mattered most. Very Ray Finkle-esque.

It was all that Mitch Berger's fault, everyone knows that. If he had held the ball, laces out, like he was supposed to, Gary would never have missed that kick. Mitch Berger should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?

Would a "What if...Super Bowl" thread go in concepts? I'd like to go back and look at the match ups that almost were by matching the conference champion losers.

pitt6pack did a field concept with the What if Super Bowl catagory.If only we did a uniform one,we would have that checked off.

Nobody has done one in concepts yet..............tick tock.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

SF vs KC would have been epic. What a storyline of Montana vs Young.

Reddest super bowl ever.

Niners home team in red vs Chiefs in full white.

1041708-steveyoung.jpg

5913g_lg.jpeg

Nope. In even-numbered Super Bowls, the AFC team is the designated home team. (Even-numbered Super Bowls=odd-numbered season. So, Super Bowl following 1993 season=XXVIII. 2015 season, Super Bowl 50, or L.) So it would've been Chiefs in red vs. Niners in white...wouldn't have looked as good as the other way around. Still would've been pretty cool for the Montana storyline---I rooted hard for the Chiefs in that year's playoffs, the first NFL playoffs I ever paid attention to.

You are correct. The damn back to back Dal-Buf super bowl threw me off.

It's all good in the hood, my colonic friend. Incidentally, can we just agree that the Chiefs look good in white-over-white? Their red pants are awesome, but they pretty much look great regardless of what they wear, as long as they don't go red-over-red.

So...what Super Bowl 50 uniform matchup do we have to look forward to? And where will it rank on this list?

Vegas says Seahawks-Dolphins. I believe (don't know for sure since it's been so long) that Miami would choose to wear aqua for this occasion. Would the 'Hawks wear white, blue, or gray pants?

I don't think the Pats will be back, but you can never count them out. How about a repeat of IL, with the Pats in blue and the Seahawks in white? (Blech.)

My pick from the AFC would be the Colts, if their O-line steps up and their D isn't a total sieve. I like them better in white than in blue, though. How about Colts-Packers? That could look pretty good, couldn't it? That would be a Super Bowl XXX "what-if," too, since they both lost in their conference championship games that year (the Colts on a narrowly-failed Hail Mary).

So...what Super Bowl 50 uniform matchup do we have to look forward to? And where will it rank on this list?

Vegas says Seahawks-Dolphins. I believe (don't know for sure since it's been so long) that Miami would choose to wear aqua for this occasion. Would the 'Hawks wear white, blue, or gray pants?

I don't think the Pats will be back, but you can never count them out. How about a repeat of IL, with the Pats in blue and the Seahawks in white? (Blech.)

My pick from the AFC would be the Colts, if their O-line steps up and their D isn't a total sieve. I like them better in white than in blue, though. How about Colts-Packers? That could look pretty good, couldn't it? That would be a Super Bowl XXX "what-if," too, since they both lost in their conference championship games that year (the Colts on a narrowly-failed Hail Mary).

Wouldn't the Dolphins wear white since that is what they traditionally wear at home.

Wouldn't the Dolphins wear white since that is what they traditionally wear at home.

A lot of times they wear aqua for night home games, and the Super Bowl is always played at night anymore.

Last Super Bowl I can recall having some daylight, if you don't count the sun peaking through the Arizona windows, would be Bucs vs Raiders in San Diego.

Last one played out west....outside of those in domes.

Super Bowl XLIX definitely started in daylight.

462636592-seattle-seahawks-prepare-to-ki

That was part of what I liked about it so much. The first half was daylight and the second was night time.

I looked up the projected sunset for Santa Clara, and it looks like the first half will be daylight, the third quarter will be sunset, and the fourth quarter will be night. Should make for great aesthetics.

This may start another topic (or a controversy) but I have always felt the team with the best record should be designated the home team in Super Bowls. Let them choose.

I love the Dolphins, love Tannehill, despise the seabirds and wilson, and would LOVE a SB win but I don't expect that matchup the oddsmakers are calling for.

• 6 months later...

Archived