The one photo that defines a player or career

infrared41

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, the Canadian contingent should be ashamed of themselves. Only one CFL pic, and it didn't even represent THE moment in '89 Grey Cup.

For every CFL fan, you have to just say Tony Champion and this image immediately comes to mind...

crop_19022693021.png

For those not familiar with this, he did it with broken ribs...

Ooo, remembered another one...

1976 Tony Gabriel....

li-ott-tony-gabriel620.jpg

tigercatssignature-1.png

Oh, the Canadian contingent should be ashamed of themselves. Only one CFL pic, and it didn't even represent THE moment in '89 Grey Cup.

For every CFL fan, you have to just say Tony Champion and this image immediately comes to mind...

crop_19022693021.png

For those not familiar with this, he did it with broken ribs...

Ooo, remembered another one...

1976 Tony Gabriel....

li-ott-tony-gabriel620.jpg

Has someone already posted the Rocket Ishmail beer can return?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Has someone already posted the Rocket Ishmail beer can return?

Oooo, that's a good one, but I couldn't find an example online (apart from one tiny avatar sized one) that shows his outstretched hands and the beer can fizzing behind him...

But I did remember another one....

1972 Angelo Mosca's last game....

k654jxz2.jpg

There are a lot of Mosca pictures over the years, '63 Grey Cup hit on Flemming, his kiss with Garney Henley with the Grey Cup after that same '72 game, his wrestling career, the fight with Joe Kapp recently, but the picture above is what best exemplifies the theme of this thread.

tigercatssignature-1.png

I thought my TO post was spot on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Although his pro career was not quite on par with his collegiate years (despite posting a pair of 1000+ yard seasons in his NFL career), Raghib "Rocket" Ismail gave us this lasting impression of his TD romp in the 1991 Grey Cup during his brief CFL stay:

Rocket_Ismail_1991_13457.jpg

UBwef0L.png

Although his pro career was not quite on par with his collegiate years (despite posting a pair of 1000+ yard seasons in his NFL career), Raghib "Rocket" Ismail gave us this lasting impression of his TD romp in the 1991 Grey Cup during his brief CFL stay:

Rocket_Ismail_1991_13457.jpg

I saw examples like this online, but it's still not "The Moment"....stupid internet....

tigercatssignature-1.png

Archived