The one photo that defines a player or career

infrared41

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eddie Johnson had great games for Seattle and the USMNT. When Dempsey and Martins were struggling, EJ was there to consistently head in goals served up by Mauro Rosales.

That said, this is his lasting legacy in Seattle, and probably MLS too:

ej_payme.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Alec Martinez, no matter where his career goes from here, will forever be defined by his jazz hands.

hqdefault_zps3sv1tbna.jpg

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, you have Brad Lidge.

1162504658_1214_zpsycf3iutl.jpg

I'd argue that this shot of him completing a perfect 48-48 season is a little more defining.

alg-ruizlidge-jpg.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll provide one for a legend of each team I root for.

Derek Jeter:

mlbf_31170771_th_13.jpg

Martin St. Louis:

e18b563951db8b379ddce4f2b996c440.jpg?ito

Derrick Brooks:

derrick-brooks-006238192-pick6-524x400.j

Tim Tebow:

tebowgarnet.jpg

(This game in general works; I was looking for one that specifically captured the rain and the maroon-stained uniform from that treacherous day in Tallahassee.)

Your definition of iconic, or "defines a player" may vary. For me, when I think of any of those players, those are the first images, or games in general, that come to mind. That's good enough for me.

spacer.png

Your definition of iconic, or "defines a player" may vary. For me, when I think of any of those players, those are the first images, or games in general, that come to mind. That's good enough for me.

That's exactly what I was going for with this thread. As we've already seen, one player can be seen from very different perspectives...

1162504658_1214_zpsycf3iutl.jpgalg-ruizlidge-jpg.jpg

...and that is what I was hoping for.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived