The one photo that defines a player or career

infrared41

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong pictures for wade Boggs, Pedro, they are more recognized on other teams. Also Rivers doesn't have a picture to define his career yet, and it definitely isn't that one of him just dropping back from a snap. I'm also iffy on the David price one since I don't know any picture I would call defining his career either.

Wrong pictures for wade Boggs, Pedro, they are more recognized on other teams. Also Rivers doesn't have a picture to define his career yet, and it definitely isn't that one of him just dropping back from a snap. I'm also iffy on the David price one since I don't know any picture I would call defining his career either.

The idea is to pick the photo that defines that player to you. There are no "wrong pictures."

BB52Big.jpg

The Rivers picture is from the 2007 AFC title game when he played on a torn ACL. It's the perfect picture for his career.

The Wade Boggs picture is from right after his 3000th career hit.

Pedro himself has embraced his time in Montreal. He won his first Cy Young as an Expo. He was extremely close with Felipe Alou. One of the first things he said after winning the World Series in 2004 was that he wanted to share it with the people of Montreal because they weren't going to have a team anymore. And of course, he said in his HOF speech that Montreal deserves to have a team again. So I think a picture of him as an Expo is just as appropriate as one of him with the Red Sox - of course, as an Expos fan, I'm biased.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived