The one photo that defines a player or career

infrared41

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong pictures for wade Boggs, Pedro, they are more recognized on other teams. Also Rivers doesn't have a picture to define his career yet, and it definitely isn't that one of him just dropping back from a snap. I'm also iffy on the David price one since I don't know any picture I would call defining his career either.

The Rivers picture is from the 2007 AFC title game when he played on a torn ACL. It's the perfect picture for his career.

The Wade Boggs picture is from right after his 3000th career hit.

Pedro himself has embraced his time in Montreal. He won his first Cy Young as an Expo. He was extremely close with Felipe Alou. One of the first things he said after winning the World Series in 2004 was that he wanted to share it with the people of Montreal because they weren't going to have a team anymore. And of course, he said in his HOF speech that Montreal deserves to have a team again. So I think a picture of him as an Expo is just as appropriate as one of him with the Red Sox - of course, as an Expos fan, I'm biased.

there is nothing from that picture says its from that game, you can't even tell they are playing the patriots.

true, but still not the first image one thinks of when they think of Wade Boggs. unless you mean him selling his soul to the rays so the could tty to get their cap logo in the hall of fame.

I agree he did have a Cy Young there, but he won a world series with the red sox, was dominant for them, and is now a coach for the red sox. and who could forget him pushing down an angry old Don Zimmer. rather than him sucking on a lollipop?

On 7/25/2015 at 6:09 PM, HedleyLamarr said:

You say "Kent Hrbek" or "Ron Gant", you should instantly think of this:

Didn't the Twins make a bobblehead toy of this incident a few years ago?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Surprised that this one hasn't shown up yet.

Dave Roberts:

daveroberts.jpg

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I can't remember if this has been posted yet.

tumblr_mg28lrmjQd1qd9dz2o1_1280.jpg

The discussion about his gambling antics/HOF inclusion is for another thread, but this is the photo that defines Pete Rose as a player.

That's true. I'd argue it defines the whole Big Red Machine, which is why it's on the cover of this book.

51bTc0kgqpL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Juan Pablo Montoya:

original.jpg

Oh, come on. If you’re going to play the “JPM crash in NASCAR lol” card, at least do it right:

boom.gif

Though either of the following are much, much more indicative of his career for me:

25indy2-master675.jpg

2014365600014-indycarmontoyaautoracingna

And, also, while I’m on a bit of an IndyCar kick, Danny Sullivan’s spin and win in 1985 would certainly fit the bill.

1985SullivanSpin-620x476.jpg

6fQjS3M.png

There were two that immediately popped into my mind that I haven't seen here yet (Elway's helicopter dive and Jordan's shot against the Jazz were the other two that I considered, but both have already been posted).

The first is Zlatan Ibrahimovic's ridiculous, inhuman 30 yard bicycle kick goal against England. I haven't followed soccer for very long, but this alone was enough to turn me into a PSG supporter.

article-2538760-1AA37B6800000578-425_634

The other bends the rules of the thread a bit, because it's hard to capture it in one instant, but Reggie Miller's 8 points in 9 seconds against the Knicks is one of my earliest pro sports memories. Wow. It's hard to believe that was over 20 years ago.

82d401a8989d2119ffd0acbcf6bcff13.jpg

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

Archived