Under Armour ruins South Florida

HiChans

I like these new uniforms, except for the number font. The Serpentine font isn't my favorite.

Kind of OT, but it always felt weird to me that USF has "Bulls" as a nickname. When I think of South Florida (or really, the Tampa Bay area), cattle aren't the first thing I think of.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like these new uniforms, except for the number font. The Serpentine font isn't my favorite.

Kind of OT, but it always felt weird to me that USF has "Bulls" as a nickname. When I think of South Florida (or really, the Tampa Bay area), cattle aren't the first thing I think of.

Florida has the largest cattle ranch in the country, and i believe the most cattle of any state actually.

This is not "ruining" USF at all. Sure, these have their flaws, but overall they make a nice and modern set. Most of USF's jerseys from the past are pretty forgettable, so at least these feature some more unique details.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As the forums resident USF fan, I really like these unis. They're modern but not over the top.

Also note, those helmets are not new, just the unis. All helmets seen were used since 2014, and possibly 2013.

Florida has the largest cattle ranch in the country, and i believe the most cattle of any state actually.

You are correct about the largest ranch, but Florida is 16th in number of cattle. http://www.cattlerange.com/cattle-graphs/all-cattle-numbers.html

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Only thing I'd have changed is the palmetto stripe/horn. Just make it the horn without the broken up pattern. I think it's an upgrade over the regular unis. I'd have gone with the sunrise shoulders though.

Why is it called a Palmetto stripe?
That was my term for Miami's sleeve stripe. O guess palm leave stripe would make more sense.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Only thing I'd have changed is the palmetto stripe/horn. Just make it the horn without the broken up pattern. I think it's an upgrade over the regular unis. I'd have gone with the sunrise shoulders though.

Why is it called a Palmetto stripe?
That was my term for Miami's sleeve stripe. O guess palm leave stripe would make more sense.

I gotcha.. Living in the Palmetto state, I was going to be a bit embarrassed if it was something I should've known, but couldn't figure out what it was.. I'm not a fan of what Adidas is doing with these stripes.. I'm guessing since it's heat press material and only "ironed-on" rather than embedded into the fabric like screen ink, that they're slicing the stripes because the excessive stretching of the jersey fabric might've been causing them to come off.. That's the only sensible reason to bastardize the stripes like that (and it's still not a very good reason).. Miami's hurricane-inspired stripes are nonsense though, regardless of what you call em

It's hard to tell, but are the numbers on the green jersey outlined in white or gold? I'm hoping white because if not then that would leave no white anywhere on that jersey, which creates a bit of a mismatch when used with the white pants.

And you're only showing one of the four (three?) helmets that they have.

Well, I liked these... until you mentioned that. Ugh.

If you searched in the 2015 College Football post, you would've found all these pictures in there instead of creating a new post. With that being said, other than the chrome and matte helmets, I think UA did a very good job on these uniforms.

As has been mentioned quite a few times before, it's ok to break individual releases out of a mega-thread.

True, I have no problem with individual threads. I'd rather keep the posters subjective opinion out of the thread and make it more objective like 2015 South Florida Football Jerseys. I think it encourages more conversation.

It's hard to tell, but are the numbers on the green jersey outlined in white or gold? I'm hoping white because if not then that would leave no white anywhere on that jersey, which creates a bit of a mismatch when used with the white pants.

Looks gold

11755117_1027162550629712_79979964525556

10505583_1027162933963007_50024059666881

11228109_1027163170629650_76955278849072

the uniform is fine enough, you can see they're playing off the primary logo itself, repeating it's double outlines in the numbers and stripes. thats an acceptable direction, but i think its a bit too much on the final product here. the pants and jersey stripes look like 3 different designs pasted together. what make the jersey stripe particularly odd is it suggest this straight forward movment, an increase in "speed" or "energy" then abruptly changes direction and style where the horn is used. it's a very bad flow to the uniform. the cap-colored sleeves only add to the visual tension. i can't stand the helmets; the color-chrome domes is one trend i absolutely cannot get behind - it looks so damn tacky.

the overall problem here is the elements are doing too much and it starts with the logo. it's 2 outline strokes only degrade the aesthetic of the mark and too often makes it weaker because the logo starts to lose its form with this extra build-up around it. the numbers work fine because they're large enought to support it, but dropping at least 1 of these little, dainty outlines would do so much to strengthen the logo and all the elements that are equally treated.

if they did this, it would increase the longevitey of the identity and have so much more potential. the number font is great, the idea of the logo is great, and so are the colors. one day i hope they'll knock off all the BS and let the strength of the identity shine

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 2 weeks later...

Archived