Sign in to follow this  
smith03

Skydome (Rogers Centre) 2016-7

Since the Argos are moving out next year are the Jays planning to put a full infield in the stadium until they convert the field to grass in '18?

Rogers had better go all in. I want waterfalls in the outfield, reconfigured lower bowl, & maybe they could knock out a few hundred non-load bearing walls to let a lot more light into the place.

Walk the walk.

Have they even confirmed that they CAN put grass in the Roger's Dome? I thought they still were researching that?

But I agree with you 2001mark, this needs to be a chance to renew/renovate/refresh the stadium big time.

I'd like to see a huge, animated sculpture that feature a swooning Rob Ford and Olivia Chow every time the Jays glean a tater.

I'd like to see a huge, animated sculpture that feature a swooning Rob Ford and Olivia Chow every time the Jays glean a tater.

tired_george_michael_arrested_developmen

Have they even confirmed that they CAN put grass in the Roger's Dome? I thought they still were researching that?

But I agree with you 2001mark, this needs to be a chance to renew/renovate/refresh the stadium big time.

I think word was they're trying growing options at a nearby university or something? Guelph I think.. I dunno, it kept being mentioned around the Argos chatter.

Srsly though, I don't just want grass & ta da! Frankly, all the blue they've added actually makes the place darker with the roof on than the original concrete facades. Upgrades yes, lighting worse.

Ideally, they should convert all 500 outfield, from pole to pole, seating to standing room/bar stool lined zones like they did perfectly in CF after closing Windows restaurant. Give the place more of a hangout feel in the lesser used seating areas... you want fans out of the bars & into your building? Make the place a sick sports bar! Hell... mount some flat screens up there with the game on... just like they do in all the concourses when you have to 'vacate your beer intake'.

Kansas City did it right, maximizing space & going above & beyond. It'll take some years & feedback, yet by 2020 if SkyDome isn't improved much beyond today... that'll be a huge letdown.