New Nordiques Identity

alecgoff

Hi everyone! I just finished working on a new concept for the Quebec Nordiques. This design takes aspects from the previous incarnation of the team, but also has new features that make it different and unique. The logo consists of a "N" and a "Q" that form both an igloo and a hockey stick. The puck remains, but it is now faced down. Let me know what you guys think, and enjoy! NORDIQUES%20REFINED1_zps8uspxbbb.png

Looks like you did this in paint

He may very well have and there is nothing wrong with that. Get off your high horse and give some real C&C why don't you?

As for the logo, I can definitely see the 'N' but the 'Q' is a stretch, I can see it, but if you hadn't told me it was there, I would have never found it. All I can say is that it feels forced and too similar to the old logo to be any sort of improvement.

Can't see the "Q" or the igloo. Clean it up a lot.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Where the Q is behind the N I think a good route would be to make the stroke of the Q diagonal. At the moment it appears as an "NL" at first glance. But the concept is a solid idea, and has a lot of good potential.

Untitled-1_zpsjn8inbhy.png

I'm sorry for the confusion. The new logo does not have an igloo in it. When I was coming up with this design, I wanted to implement an igloo into the logo. Unfortunately, the igloo was left out of the final design.

The "Q" is supposed to be very subtle, as the main idea of this concept to make a modern version of the original, and outdated logo.

My belief is that the logo you're presenting to us looks dated. I see this more as something from the 90's, something being made "edgier". I think your "Q" isn't subtle, it's just lost.

For presentation's sake, I'd also make the background a different color than what the logo uses.

Nothing wrong in trying

I posted many logos that needed work lol.

Refinements and less details could improve the thing. If your're going very say "symbolism" I'd made it less busy.

I'd remove the lys, or include one bigger instead of three little. But in fact, I dont believe a lys is needed. Many love the vintage nords logo, and it got no lys on it.

On a jersey or tshirt, nobody will notice them anyway, because they will appeat so small

If I were you, I'd try to rework this one

NEW%20nORDS%205_zpsyomec6ya.png

Thank you everybody for the good advice, I really appreciate it! Firstly, I made another design that uses a capital "N" a little while back, but it was sloppy. I decided to clean it up a little, so it looks nicer. nords%20lknql%20kn_zpsep63k4gz.png

Reminds me of this...

lance-compte-presentement-recherche-15-0

Lance_et_compte.jpg

For the concept:

- Your latest version contains a 3D letter N and a flat hockey stick for the letter L. Choose how many dimentions you're gonna use, and be consistent within the whole design.

- Just a little less zig-zag at the very least should make it look even better.

Archived