A Summer Wiffleball League: SFWL Redux

8BW14

Last summer I started a thread about the South Fulton Wiffleball League, a summer wiffleball league. Looking back on it, I was actually pretty disappointed with most of my concepts so I have decided to give the give the league a makeover, which includes expansion to 14 teams total, a new league logo, an identity overhaul for most of the teams, and a cleaner presentation.

My concept for this league is a summer weekend league, beginning on Memorial Day weekend and ending on Labor Day with an All-Star game on the 4th of July, but I'm still working out the kinks of the week to week schedule. The game would be played with baseball-style wiffleball rules, with some modifications, however, including only seven players per team, among some other necessary changes.

Now that I have the boring stuff out of the way, let me get to the concepts themselves. First is the new league logo, which is a classic red, white and blue pentagon with a large wiffleball front and center. It's simple, but by my estimate, also effective.

sfwllogo_zpsmapn4sew.png

Next, I'd like to present the first team in the new SFWL South Conference, The Astoria Pirates. The Pirates draw their name and colors from Astoria High School, whose athletics team wore the pirates logo and colors proudly for many years.

astoria%20pirates_zps12sqvs28.png

Well thanks for taking the time to have a look and any thoughts or C&C are appreciated. I'd love to hear what everyone has to say.

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate the comments. The second team I'd like to present is the Camp Ellis Whitetails. The Whitetails are named for the great whitetail hunting in this area of Fulton County, Illinois, already known for its trophy whitetail deer. Camp Ellis sports blaze orange, cream and a dark green, which really makes the bright orange "pop" for lack of a better term. The hat logo is a stylized antler "W" and the primary logo is a large buck charging, in profile.

camp%20ellis%20whitetails_zpsnesbvlw5.pn

Well that's that for today. Thanks for taking a look and I'd love to hear everyone's comments.

Archived