New Packers Throwbacks

Gothamite

I like the other Packers throwbacks, and khaki colored pants ... before the one-helmet rule took effect.

pg2_ap_packers_unis_576.jpg

That uniform looked better (not good, mind you) with the yellow helmet. As it stands in this photo, there's no cohesion between helmet (brown), jersey (navy and yellow), and pants (khaki/tan). Making the helmet yellow at least made for some balance with the jersey.

I won't miss these uniforms. Seeing those front numbers was impossible from the stands.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the other Packers throwbacks, and khaki colored pants ... before the one-helmet rule took effect.

pg2_ap_packers_unis_576.jpg

That uniform looked better (not good, mind you) with the yellow helmet. As it stands in this photo, there's no cohesion between helmet (brown), jersey (navy and yellow), and pants (khaki/tan). Making the helmet yellow at least made for some balance with the jersey.

I won't miss these uniforms. Seeing those front numbers was impossible from the stands.

I'm sure that's true, but it was not a problem on TV. And let's face it, the NFL is basically a TV show.

im a bit conflicted on this one. throwback uniforms are one of my favorite things in this whole sports world. and i like the uniform they're honoring here, but its such a lazy execution of it. no striped socks, really? a lazy shoulder yoke. and the oddest thing is the green mask, of course with the 1 helmet rule, swapping facemask for the whole team and stripping the decals on top of weekly maintenence is probably too much for 1 given week of preperation. leaving your best oppotunity to swap a mask for the game post bye week. im not sure when that is, but is it a road game? what team do they play? what time of year is it? is it a primetime game? all those things should factor into that decision.

honestly if this is the best throwback uniform we can get these days id rather not have any at all. the NFL and Nike doesn't care so much about the aesthetics or accuracy of it, they just want that $$$ and its good enough to deliver that, its goos enough for the average fan to take notice and talk about it and buy the apparel, but it's not really good or honorable design. the green mask is what really annoys me the most - not technically wrong because the mask didn't exist then, but gray or black would be better because the neutral color suggest a detachment from the uniform design. the green sort of makes a statement that its from a clashing era of design and ruins the uniform for me.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

with the 1 helmet rule, swapping facemask for the whole team and stripping the decals on top of weekly maintenence is probably too much for 1 given week of preperation. leaving your best opportunity to swap a mask for the game post bye week.

The Bears do it when they wear their throwbacks. They swap the midnight blue facemask for the gray and remove the 'C' logo.

The Bills swap helmet logos from the charging Bison to the grazing Bison, swap the 2011 helmet stripes for the the 1965 stripes, and they add the mini red grazing Bison logo to the top-centre of the face-mask.

Bottom line is that this 1-helmet rule needs to go. Overall. throwbacks are very popular throughout the NFL, both with fans and players. I miss Dallas' and Atlanta's, thought they looked incredibly sharp, even though Dallas wore royal blue from '60-'63, not navy, still an awesome looking faux throwback.

and the Redskins throwback set with the simulated leather helmet for their 80th, those were USDA Prime.

I personally don't care. It looks weird in the modern day uniform design. It would look better with a leather helmet. Also, I always would associate the Packers with wearing green. That is a lot of sports teams associated with a certain color. It like the Red Wings not wearing red. And considering that they have the name green right in the title.

I want to see the Packers one day wear a yellow alternate, but truthfully, a classic team like the Packers should just wear a throwback.

There is a yellow alternate hidden in Madden, and man, it would be a sight to behold in reality.

They sell, or have sold, those jerseys. In person they're absolutely hideous and really should not be worn. Plus the yellow/yellow/yellow look doesn't look good.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

Archived