Rugby World Cup Football Crossover

LoyolaProp1

I originally started thinking of Rugby World Cup concepts, and quickly turned to doing a crossover series. This is my first concept, so bear with any technical deficiencies on my part. I'll do as many as possible. The first round will be the South Africa Springboks, New Zealand All Blacks, Australia Wallabies, France and England. I tried to incorporate traditional looks and colors for the teams, but put my own design on them. Let me know what you guys think!

SiugSVT.png

kI6Ubgk.png

Rjvf7WD.png

OI1DFfx.pnggGlpytD.png

Huh. Didn't know the French were big rugby people.

Big time. They were the runner up in the RWC final in 2011. Lost by 1 to the All Blacks. They always show up in World Cup.

We got robbed by NZ in 2011. That's the painful truth.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

These are great but I'm not sure about patter on the New Zealand team. It looks good but it just doesn't work for me as it is taking away from there name, the All Blacks. Secondly the french are traditionally blue and a red alternate. I'm not really a fan of the purple look all together. Finally with the french team have they recently moved to the logo you used because I've only ever seen this logo used especially in Australia 1188px-F%C3%A9d%C3%A9ration_Fran%C3%A7ai

All of these identities are phenomenal, great start. I can't wait to see more.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

These are great but I'm not sure about patter on the New Zealand team. It looks good but it just doesn't work for me as it is taking away from there name, the All Blacks. Secondly the french are traditionally blue and a red alternate. I'm not really a fan of the purple look all together. Finally with the french team have they recently moved to the logo you used because I've only ever seen this logo used especially in Australia 1188px-F%C3%A9d%C3%A9ration_Fran%C3%A7ai

The pattern is only on the undershirt for the All Blacks. I did it to add something, without changing the traditional formula. It's supposed to represent traditional Maori tattoos. As for France, they usually use the rooster as their jersey crest. Theu have never worn that on logo on the jersey, much like the Wallabies have a crest on their jersey that isn't their primary logo. As for the French color, I either need to tweak it or its your monitor, but it's supposed to be a bright blue. And French alternates have not always been red. They wore white in the Final last year, and international rugby is pushing white alternates for 2015 onward.

England is very classy. Not a rugby follower but I'd prefer to see a lion or 3 lions over the rose, it just seems tougher. For France, I would choose one blue and stick with it, preferably the navy. Even more of that NZ pattern would be awesome! This is a cool concept good work!!

England is very classy. Not a rugby follower but I'd prefer to see a lion or 3 lions over the rose, it just seems tougher. For France, I would choose one blue and stick with it, preferably the navy. Even more of that NZ pattern would be awesome! This is a cool concept good work!!

I would say if any logo in rugby has not changed in 100 years, its the England Rose. While you're right, its not the most intimidating thing on the planet, its a staple of their look, so I feel like I have to keep it. I'm working on France, I think he main blue can be a little more true and I'll see how it looks without navy. I really want to use the NZ pattern as well, but New Zealand traditionally has nothing on their jerseys except the silver fern. I really wanted to include Maori tattoos, so I decided on the undershirt was a good compromise. Maybe I"ll mess with putting it on the alternate, which doesn't have the strict no frills tradition. Glad you're enjoying, more to come. Ireland, Scotland, Wales, USA and Argentina are my next focus.

First off here are some updates I made:

France- I made the blue richer, I really still like the combo with the navy as it breaks things up, but I know some on here would disagree.

64J6Znf.png

Australia - I darkened the green to differentiate it from Ireland and South Africa. I also added a white alternate jersey.

RiJXf1c.png

Now for the new entries: Scotland and Ireland. Scotland I wanted to incorporate the traditional Scottish plaid while maintaining a traditional look. I also really hate Scotland's rugby crest, so I ditched it altogether. For Ireland I really like what they did incorporating gold in their Rugby World Cup kit this year.

ojz25qD.png

Yyg0x86.png

Archived