NBA Rebrand :: Sonics Added! - 31/31

derschwigg

I'd do uniforms, really want to try out my new 3/4 view SVG template I'm making in a side project, still in the revision process, will be finishing in about a week or so, would require background-less scripts of home away jerseys, though.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Wizards, I think the stars look disconnected.

I love the change in the Mav's, but I think your skull render is off. It doesn't look much like a cow skull to me, due to how you've rendered the bottom half. I think you should move the eyes out a little, straighten out the "cheekbones," and fix the very bottom so it's flatter like a cow's skull. Here's a reference image to show you more of what I'm describing:

steer_skull.jpg

Right now what you have looks a little bit more like a demon beast than a cow- which is cool, but doesn't really convey that it's supposed to be "Western" or "Texan"

I love the change in the Mav's, but I think your skull render is off. It doesn't look much like a cow skull to me, due to how you've rendered the bottom half. I think you should move the eyes out a little, straighten out the "cheekbones," and fix the very bottom so it's flatter like a cow's skull. Here's a reference image to show you more of what I'm describing:

steer_skull.jpg

Right now what you have looks a little bit more like a demon beast than a cow- which is cool, but doesn't really convey that it's supposed to be "Western" or "Texan"

I appreciate what you're saying, but I chalk this one up to "stylistic interpretation." It's like Finding Nemo. Fish don't have two front facing eyes, but they do in the movie so you can see both eyes when they look at you.

steer_skull.jpg

I appreciate what you're saying, but I chalk this one up to "stylistic interpretation." It's like Finding Nemo. Fish don't have two front facing eyes, but they do in the movie so you can see both eyes when they look at you.
I get it.

I like the Mavs. It seems to have ghost eyes and this type of imagery would be very different than anything the NBA currently uses.

If you're still looking for feedback on the Hornets, I'd say this is a miss. Not because it's rendered badly, because it's a solid design, but it just looks like a generic insect face and nothing about it says "hornet" or "bee". The honeycomb C is a nice idea, but I think we need to see some wings or a stinger to really get the whole idea that this is unmistakably a hornet. If your up for it, you could add the abdomen portion of the body under/behind the C and the wings on the side.

Just an observation: A lot of the word marks have letters extending as underlines (Lakers, Mavs, Hornets), which is a fine idea, but if half the teams use it, it loses its distinction.

Archived