NBA Rebrand :: Sonics Added! - 31/31

derschwigg

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I hate this rendition, but playing devil's advocate and seeing how it looks, here's the rounded snout.

FmVEKw6.png

On the tongue, I think the overall shape is fine, but needs to be rotated clockwise, so the part deeper in his mouth is raised towards the roof of his mouth, and the tip of his tongue would then rotate downward..If that makes sense

Personally, I hate this rendition, but playing devil's advocate and seeing how it looks, here's the rounded snout.

FmVEKw6.png

On the tongue, I think the overall shape is fine, but needs to be rotated clockwise, so the part deeper in his mouth is raised towards the roof of his mouth, and the tip of his tongue would then rotate downward..If that makes sense

That's not the one I'm using, but thanks for your critique!

Suplauren was absolutely right - I must've had my screen tilted a little too far. Here's the slightly tweaked/recolored Lakers.

GHKyeMs.png

The Suns word mark you have here is great. It's better than their current word mark, and that's a good word mark too. I see (just like their real word mark) that this can be flipped 180 degrees and look the same, which is a cool feature. The ball and sunburst is a little to generic to work standing alone in my opinion, and if you combined the two, they'd compliment each other well.

Love the Suns and Raptors, Lakers and Celtics are great marks but too close to the originals for what Ive come to expect out of your threads. I really do like them, I just look forward to your work because it usually has a completely new spin on every team. Those two are hard to change with all the tradition tied to them. I just thought maybe Id get to see a celtic (normal pronunciation) knot or something along that line and maybe a tie to the lake part or lakers (I know that stems from Minnesota but why not) Again these are great marks. Would just love to see that reimagineering you're so good at!

Love the Suns and Raptors, Lakers and Celtics are great marks but too close to the originals for what Ive come to expect out of your threads. I really do like them, I just look forward to your work because it usually has a completely new spin on every team. Those two are hard to change with all the tradition tied to them. I just thought maybe Id get to see a celtic (normal pronunciation) knot or something along that line and maybe a tie to the lake part or lakers (I know that stems from Minnesota but why not) Again these are great marks. Would just love to see that reimagineering you're so good at!

Thanks, man! I took some time away this weekend, but what you've said (specifically in bold) really stuck with me. Not only are they close to the originals, they're...safe. And safe is boring. I had already planned to do a more "fresh look" for the Celtics, but I owe it to this project to really do it justice by staying true to the task at hand. No updates, something new. Something original.

The logo looks awesome but It doesn't fits the Wizards name. I'd say change the name of you were going to go this route with the logo. Possibly bring back the senators name from the MLB team. It would work really well with this logo

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

The logo looks awesome but It doesn't fits the Wizards name. I'd say change the name of you were going to go this route with the logo. Possibly bring back the senators name from the MLB team. It would work really well with this logo

I appreciate the kind words, but I disagree on the latter. Their current logo has almost nothing to do with wizardry - if you were to do a magical logo, you run the risk of confusion with that Orlando team aptly named "Magic."

I really wish I had skills like you in whatever software program you're using. The ideas are there, I just have no idea where to start. Really cool behind the scenes look, and a great logo to boot. I really wish they would just change the names of the Wizards.

I agree that the logo does nothing to suggest the wizards name, but neither does their current primary so I don't think it's a big deal. That could be included in an alternate or something. Ad for the actual logo, it is gorgeous, no complaints. The time lapse was really cool as well.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

I love the Wizards rebrand. Very sneaky way of incorporating the basketball, and I like how you kept the star over the I, it's just a nice touch in my mind. Also, as someone who makes logos and such myself, I love the time lapse, it's awesome to see the whole process that it takes to make something so awesome that a lot of people don't understand. Can't wait to see what else you do.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

I agree with @jaha32 on maybe choosing blue/navy instead of red for the "WIZARDS" box. I just find the color contrast between the Capitol Building (navy/white) and the box (red) a little too strong or distracting. It just keeps me from getting an immediate overall impression, because I tend to focus on the red box first and then on the nice rendition of the building including the basketball seams. That said, your Wizards logo is also my personal favorite yet. Your overhauled Celtics primary mark is perfect – at least in my view.

Definitely looking forward to the next team(s). Nice and interesting thread, Jordan!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived