NBA Rebrand :: Sonics Added! - 31/31

derschwigg

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That time lapse is amazing and the Wizards logo looks great. I agree that the box around the word mark would look better in blue, but that is only a minor problem. Maybe, if you did that, you could outline the entire logo in red to have red in there somewhere. Great job!

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Here's the wildly different Mavericks!

krY6KsI.png

A Mavericks concept using blue and green that I actually like? Forgive me for the snow in hell, Satan. If Cubes approved this I'd jump in line for a new lightning quick.

On a more critical note, I get carrying the star over from the shield but I think the skull would work better without it. I can't get the image of skull fracture from blunt force trauma with that there.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Totally different approach, but I really love the way the skull is designed. No complaints here. The incorporations of the Mavericks "M" and the lone star, which could also be basketball seams, are subtle and nice gimmicks. I'm also a fan of navy AND green, specially in combination with a lot of white. It looks fresh and modern, plus this color scheme is still relatively rare; especially in the NBA. I'm just not sure if the Mavs would ever give this very brand identity a shot, but this is definitely not what this is all about, so – at least to me – this possible issue is absolutely secondary.

I'm not a fan of the now angular and revised Copperplate. "DALLAS" looks fine to me, but the larger "MAVERICKS" looks a little unbalanced to me, a little too edgy. Maybe also because the kerning is not 100% optimal. Apart from that, I love the concept.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

krY6KsI.png

Great work but I think because the Mavs have used a horse in the past, the natural first reaction is "whoa is that a dead horse with horns???"....lol well thats what I thought anyways. Great execution but I doubt they'd go this route. Still loving it as a concept tho.

The return of the time lapse!

Here's the new look Wizards!

fTsDmtD.png

I have to ask and I feel a little silly doing it but...

How do you get the gray shadowing on the font like that in Illustrator? I always end up having to do it in Photoshop and it always loses quality that way.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

The return of the time lapse!

Here's the new look Wizards!

fTsDmtD.png

I have to ask and I feel a little silly doing it but...

How do you get the gray shadowing on the font like that in Illustrator? I always end up having to do it in Photoshop and it always loses quality that way.

It's a little involved, but it's nothing major. First, take your wordmark and copy/paste-in-front. Then, convert it to outlines. That makes it a group of shapes instead of editable letters (which is why I copy/paste it. If I mess it up, just delete the shapes and use the font.) I use Command-8 as a shortcut, but you're going to want to make this a Compound Path - I'll call this X for ease of following along. Now, copy this Compound Path - let's call it Y - but don't paste it yet. We'll come back to it. Now, draw the shape of the shadow/highlight you wish to make - let's call it Z . Be sure that Z is a closed path. Select X and Z, and intersect these shapes in the Pathfinder window. Now, paste Y in front of everything, and set the stroke from centered to inner.

Hope it's as clear as mud! :lol:

You're killing me with the lack of uniforms in this series. Stellar work so far.

Digging the honeycomb C. The hornet head isn't sitting quite right with me, though. Hard to determine whether the little arc is a bend in the "snout" or a frown. And I don't know if I would see a hornet's head if I didn't know that's what it was supposed to be. An insect of some sort, yes.

rATMcmK.png

krY6KsI.png

Great work but I think because the Mavs have used a horse in the past, the natural first reaction is "whoa is that a dead horse with horns???"....lol well thats what I thought anyways. Great execution but I doubt they'd go this route. Still loving it as a concept tho.

and contrarily, it has always bugged me that the mavericks have a horse in their logo... a "maverick" is an unbranded calf. the name is meant to portray young, stray, "rebel" bulls... i've never heard "maverick" as a reference to a horse, other than the mavs logo. it's one of the many reasons i don't care for their current identity.

i prefer blue and green. i prefer generic "western" themes, if not the ideal bovine themes... and i prefer more traditional or "western" type faces over the chromed-out super-sleek y2k stuff the mavs still wear.

You're killing me with the lack of uniforms in this series. Stellar work so far.

Digging the honeycomb C. The hornet head isn't sitting quite right with me, though. Hard to determine whether the little arc is a bend in the "snout" or a frown. And I don't know if I would see a hornet's head if I didn't know that's what it was supposed to be. An insect of some sort, yes.

Thanks! I'd do uniforms, but admittedly, I'm not the best at them. If anyone wants to collab and do uniforms, all they need to do is ask.

Anyone else with CC on the Hornets?

Archived