High School Gym Logo

jerrylawless3

I am a student at Hume-Fogg Academic Magnet High School, HFA for short, in Nashville, TN. Due to our location in downtown, we've never had our own regulation-size gym... until now. I took it upon myself to name and create a logo for the gym, and here is what I've come up with. (explanation in the next post)

DdS72lqm.jpg

My laptop is acting up, so no pictures with the explanation.

The school building itself looks like a castle (google it, it's pretty cool), and the gym is attached, sort of like a wing, to the school building (Twitter search "Hume Fogg gym", I've posted some photos). So, by definition, the gym is an annex to the school.

"-to attach, append, or add, especially to something larger or more important.

-a subsidiary building or an addition to a building"

Other names I considered, and even sketched logos for, were Bailey and BlockHouse. Both of which are castle terms that somewhat fit the gym.

I would love to hear what y'all think!

Will do the thicker outlines.

I first drew the logos on graph paper in the school year. I used GIMP to create paths as the letters, and after much stroking and unstroking, this was the result. I used 3 pixel-strokes for the border and 'AnneX' and 1.5 pixel-stroke for the HFA. I may redraw in a larger scale for cleaner, thicker lines.

Decent logo. I could see this being used, and it looks crisp.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived