Modernizing Golden State Warriors

joob

I would not call this a modernizing. The logo is extremely generic and bland. It really reminds me of a placeholder text template you can find anywhere online Having just text does not make it a logo. See if you can add any imagery or symbols in the logo to make it look less generic. Also, since the Warriors more or less modernized their logo a few years ago, I would actually call this a tweak or rebrand.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

It may be bland, but that minimalist bridge-in-basketball (bridgketball?) would be an excellent secondary logo. Certainly not detailed or explanatory enough to be a primary, but it would be great in small-size on various things.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Man that wordmark looks good,yet it looks 1950's-esque.

Also,that W kinda looks like the Walgreens logo.

Bridgeball looks perfect,I will suggest no changes.

As for the hairdress,recalls their days in Philly and their 1st logo.

Perfect work man.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Love the bridgeketball! I think the headdress could look more complete if the part where the face would be was filled with the top half of a basketball (or a whole ball)

My only negative criticism is having 2 different cursive lowercase R's looks off to me..

First off I want to say how I love quickly we nickname logos.

Secondly, the Bridgeketball is the only logo here with potential but that's still too generic. The wordmark is too old looking and the headdress seems too empty. I can't picture that anywhere on the uniform as an element. (And yeah anything with NA imagery runs the risk of getting you crucified so there's that)

I'd start with the bridgeketball, try to make that more iconic and then work on a logo set around that.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Every time I see the bridgeketball logo I immediately see a frowny face with the bridge being the two eyes. I just think it's a decent start for a logo, but needs some refining. Start by thinning up the strokes, and then look to make it looks less generic. I'm not a huge fan of the wordmark or headdress logo, especially because the headdress logo feels extremely disconnected from the bridgeketball logo.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Get rid of the primary and make the beautiful basketball bridge logo the primary. This is a phenomenal logo set, and it would stink to see a bad primary ruin it.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived