My High School Nike Redesign

NH4

Hey guys, so this is my 2nd thread and my 2nd posting high school redesigns. My other one didn't go well becuase I took on too many projects than I could finish. Learned from that mistake and now have everything finished.

This year my old high school will be getting a new turf field which the all powerful Nike has given a lot of money towards. In return, all teams have to have Nike uniforms, backpacks, shoes, socks, undershirts, waterbottles, etc. In getting ready for the Nike Takeover I decided to Nike-fy some of the teams and I have finished football, basketball, baseball, and boys volleyball. I also updated the old logo to a modern looking logo but all that can be read in the Nike Press releases I'm doing. I've also made some promotional posters just to hype everyone up for the Nike Takeover. Hope you guys'll enjoy.

Nike%20Redesign%20Poster_zpsbkmjozoe.png

OLD LOGO:

Old%20logo_zpspwmwxnb9.png

NEW LOGO:

Logos_zpsxdrtmcop.png

NIKE PRESS RELEASE: "The new era at Appleton North has arrived with a redesigned logo on the iconic "A+N+L+Lightning Bolt" Logo that has been shown throughout the Fox Valley and the State of Wisconsin for 20 years now with teams being successful and many going all the way to State and winning State Championships. The new logo encompasses all the attributes of the old logo but now appears less bulky and more fast as it encompasses the speed of a flash of lightning. This logo will make athletes feel fast while looking down at it on the court, in the stands, or on their jerseys. Athletes will proudly show off this logo as it is the first Nike Redesigned high school logo in the state of Wisconsin. The new font encompasses the strike of a lightning bolt as in the "N" but the sophistication that is Appleton North High School."

My Explanation: I added notches on the A and N to make it seem faster and less bulky.

The font is Rainbow Warriors Regular which will be the official font. Thanks to Conrad for that. He always does a great job.

I'll be posting some promotional posters later on and then jerseys.

C&C is appreciated as always and especially on this becuase this is my first time creating a logo. It should've taken me a few hours but took me a few days. Thanks guys.

I like it! It's creative, clean and simple. The only thing I would do is, instead of rounding out the edges, make them sharp and bold to flow with the "faster" look you want.

Thanks. And yeah the curved edges was the biggest issue I had with it. Being the first logo I've created I'm not sure how to make them not rounded. I just added a stroke to the inside part and stroke on photshop is almost always curved.

I feel like this is going to be a really cool series. Can't wait to see some more WI schools!

Thanks hopefully I don't dissapoint. I don't know if I'll do any other schools, I was just planning to do this one. But if I get the determination to do it I might look into redesigning other schools.

Could you do Brookfield East if you're going to continue with Wisconsin schools?

I really like what you did with this logo and I can't wait to see what you would do with our outdated logo.

Thanks appreciate it. But I won't make any promises because in my last thread I did promise new uniforms for different teams but became too busy and that's what ended that thread and I don't want this one to end the same way. But Brookfield East could be interesting as I have played them in volleyball and actually know the school's identity. We will see.

Promotion Posters:

NIKE PRESS RELEASE: "To say that the student section at Appleton North is rowdy is an understatment. They have become known as "The Rudest Section in All the Land" as their nickname does justice. Being a part of Rude Nation is a privilege not a choice. Every game the upperclassmen will tell the underclassmen that their cheering is weak and have to step up. Other schools have told players they hate playing at Appleton North not because of the building or court but because of Rude Nation. Social Media was abuzz when they decided to throw baby powder in the air at the girls volleyball sectional final which caused a ten minute delay to the start of the game. Parents, students and players of the opposing team were mad but Rude Nation did not care. That is a part of who they are. These posters encompass the passion that each member of Rude Nation has for their school and their fellow classmates."

Rude%20Nation%202_zpsvd5cem33.png

Rude%20Nation%201_zpspgt4bo2m.png

Football uniforms up next.

Growing up in NE Wisconsin, I always liked Appleton North's logo. (I can't say the same for Kaukauna, the Galloping Ghosts? Really?) I went to UW Platteville during their Nike redesign, and I love theirs. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Any chance of giving Sturgeon Bay some love?

I like it! It's creative, clean and simple. The only thing I would do is, instead of rounding out the edges, make them sharp and bold to flow with the "faster" look you want.

Thanks. And yeah the curved edges was the biggest issue I had with it. Being the first logo I've created I'm not sure how to make them not rounded. I just added a stroke to the inside part and stroke on photshop is almost always curved.

Yeah, photoshop always curves strokes unless they are inner strokes. So to make them sharp, I draw them in with lines or small rectangles. It takes a bit of time but is worth it when you have a logo like yours. The curves really detract from your otherwise sharp logo. I would also suggest you thicken up the strokes. Looking at it again, your primary mark has a thicker stroke than your alternates. The alternates (especially the white ones on the white background) look weak with the tiny strokes.

P.S. That is a great high school logo. You updated it nicely, but special kudos to whoever designed the ANLbolt logo in the first place.

award%20sig.png

Yeah, photoshop always curves strokes unless they are inner strokes. So to make them sharp, I draw them in with lines or small rectangles. It takes a bit of time but is worth it when you have a logo like yours. The curves really detract from your otherwise sharp logo. I would also suggest you thicken up the strokes. Looking at it again, your primary mark has a thicker stroke than your alternates. The alternates (especially the white ones on the white background) look weak with the tiny strokes.

P.S. That is a great high school logo. You updated it nicely, but special kudos to whoever designed the ANLbolt logo in the first place.

How is this? I took your advice and thickened the stroke and drew rectangles for the sharp edges. If this looks good, I'll post the alternates. Thanks to both of you for the feedback.

Primary%20logo_zpscvvtkstv.png

And about the real logo; it's very clever and I wish I knew who designed it. What I realized is all 3 of the Appleton high schools have logos that are a combination of letters. East has AE and West has AW. I'm guessing it's more than just coincidence and the same person or people designed all of them.

Growing up in NE Wisconsin, I always liked Appleton North's logo. (I can't say the same for Kaukauna, the Galloping Ghosts? Really?) I went to UW Platteville during their Nike redesign, and I love theirs. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Any chance of giving Sturgeon Bay some love?

I do like Kaukauna's nickname but the logo is another story. And I also love Platteville's redesign, the miner logo is my favorite I just wished they put that on the helmet. But yeah that's what I'm kinda trying to do here and hopefully it'll be as good if not better.

Home and away football uniforms:

Appleton%20North%20Football%20Home_zpshq

Appleton%20North%20Football%20Home%202_zAppleton%20North%20Football%20Home%20Ill

Appleton%20North%20Football%20Away_zpslz

Appleton%20North%20Football%20Away%202_zAppleton%20North%20Football%20Away%20Ill

Credit for the template goes to TheOneAndOnlyMAU for the realistic and Matt Wilcox for the illustration template. This is very similar to what the team was sporting up until last year but I just wanted to modernize it. I know it looks like a Chargers copy but it's kind of hard not to when it's a good jersey design for a lightning bolt. C&C appreciated as always. Thanks guys

wow...... that is too good for a high school team...... just wow.

Yeah well the thing is I basically took everything that they were wearing and just updated it and put it on the Nike template. They had good jerseys before I just updated them.

These are pretty good, I'd say make the outlines more consistent on all uniforms and you have a winner. Especially on the pants, either make all the bolts outlined or none of them

Thanks. I did that on purpose because I didn't like how the white outline on a gold bolt because the bolt didn't seem to pop as much as it does without an outline. But if that's what makes this uniform go from good to great I'll definitely do that.

I also have a gold alternate if you guys want to see that?

How is this? I took your advice and thickened the stroke and drew rectangles for the sharp edges. If this looks good, I'll post the alternates. Thanks to both of you for the feedback.

And about the real logo; it's very clever and I wish I knew who designed it. What I realized is all 3 of the Appleton high schools have logos that are a combination of letters. East has AE and West has AW. I'm guessing it's more than just coincidence and the same person or people designed all of them.

The stroke looks much better. The thing that catches my eye now is that the spur on the L/N leg is blocked off. I understand why you did it--it would probably look odd if the point extended to the A, but it does look odd now too. I don't know which would look better, but it might be nice to see it both ways.

award%20sig.png

The stroke looks much better. The thing that catches my eye now is that the spur on the L/N leg is blocked off. I understand why you did it--it would probably look odd if the point extended to the A, but it does look odd now too. I don't know which would look better, but it might be nice to see it both ways.

Yeah the point would've gone into the A like you said so that's why I chopped it off. But here it is and I honestly don't know which one I like better now.

Primary%20Logo%202.0_zpstxi0qkjt.png

Archived