Browns Jersey From Practice

Elfman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear to God that looks better than their actual uniforms (especially if those aren't the hideous pants their currently wearing).

Its one thing to express your opinion... its another thing to just say something obnoxious for a reaction... which, I understand, I gave you exactly what you wanted by quoting you.

Anyway. I believe those are the "Win the Day" jerseys that Mike Petine has implemented. The coaching staff basically pits the offense and defense against each other every day at practice. The side they think had the better day get to wear the jerseys the following day. It could be over the course of an entire practice, or it could be a 2 minute drill, or it could be just 1 play.

These remind me of the Salute the Troops jerseys all the arena teams use. I'd like them to use something similar to the Salute the Troops jersey Nike puts out every November. A brown jersey with orange numbers with a slight camo sublimation could be pretty cool.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I swear to God that looks better than their actual uniforms (especially if those aren't the hideous pants their currently wearing).

Its one thing to express your opinion... its another thing to just say something obnoxious for a reaction... which, I understand, I gave you exactly what you wanted by quoting you.

Or else, you know... maybe that's his actual opinion, and you just trolled yourself.

If you're going to be this reactionary every time someone mentions how bad the new Browns uniform is, you're going to have a couple long months coming up.

I don't understand how getting to wear that jersey is considered an award, but whatever - I can't get worked up about a practice jersey.

Considering how bad their new uniforms are, this franchise pretty much threw their tradition in the trash and set it on fire anyway, so why not get crazy with a practice jersey?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Or else, you know... maybe that's his actual opinion, and you just trolled yourself.

If you're going to be this reactionary every time someone mentions how bad the new Browns uniform is, you're going to have a couple long months coming up.

I don't get *THIS* reactionary at all. I tell it like it is, always have from day one when it comes to my favorite teams. I give them props when they deserve props, and I criticize them when they deserve criticism... just like I do for every other team.

My issue is that modern society has this propensity to exaggerate an extreme amount when it comes to voicing their "opinions." Those camo uniforms look like hell. The new Browns uniforms aren't great by any means, but no one would compare the 2 and say the camo is a better look. You and I both know that wasn't his actual opinion. He was going for a reaction. He got it. He was trolling and I gave the troll what he wanted.

It is amazing how people's opinions on uniforms are so furiously defended on this site but get so much slack for other opinions.

@BBVTV

Again, there is a disconnect between the modern athlete and crotchety uniform traditionalist. Yes, the jersey looks terrible. The players LOVE them. Many tweeted or Instagrammed how much they liked the jersey and posted *fire* emojis next to the picture. The players like them.

Its also an appeal to human nature. Its something the other group doesn't have. It shows your dominance. Its a reward to the players that they respond to in practice.

This. Exactly this.

So his opinion that they look better than the current mess of a uniform that most fans hate is "obnoxious" because you do not agree with it?

It's actually not a stretch, especially if they lose the pants with the BROWNS wordmark down the sides. The drop shadow is done better on the camo jerseys too. It's a huge departure from the conservative look the Browns always had, but its no more ugly than the new set.

This forum has some of the most intolerant posters on the internet...afraid of anyone else having a view different than theirs.

87Redskins.png

So his opinion that they look better than the current mess of a uniform that most fans hate is "obnoxious" because you do not agree with it?

It's actually not a stretch, especially if they lose the pants with the BROWNS wordmark down the sides. The drop shadow is done better on the camo jerseys too. It's a huge departure from the conservative look the Browns always had, but its no more ugly than the new set.

This forum has some of the most intolerant posters on the internet...afraid of anyone else having a view different than theirs.

I definitely agree with that last sentence. I've had my share of experience with that.

As for the rest of your post... again, polling has showed that a significant portion of the fan base likes the uniforms. I would actually contest that the majority of the fans have a favorable opinion of the uniforms. Between websites, polls, water cooler talk, local news, local sports talk, local hot talk... I would say over 75% has been favorable of the new uniforms. They aren't my exact taste, but to use this forum as the measuring stick isn't exactly valid. This forum is primarily uniform traditionalist... so any departure from the traditional comes with innate hesitation/criticism.

Now, its true, we should respect differing opinions, but those have to have some ground to stand on. Right off the bat... an extremely MODERN uniform design with camo pattern mixed with an extremely TRADITIONAL number font. Red flag there. The camo jersey is just a cluster. At least with the new uniforms, there is some cohesiveness with the shoulder stripes, and pants stripes, and helmet stripes. The fonts match. The large wordmark on the chest matches the large wordmark on the pants. There is at least cohesion. The camo jersey has none of it. Bashing the new uniforms for the subtle seem stitching because its looks disjointed and striking would certainty result in bashing the camo uniform because the whole thing is disjointed and striking.

My whole point is, today people take things to the Nth degree to express their opinions. Its one thing to exaggerate for affect... its another thing to completely OVER exaggerate.

I definitely agree with that last sentence. I've had my share of experience with that.

As for the rest of your post... again, polling has showed that a significant portion of the fan base likes the uniforms. I would actually contest that the majority of the fans have a favorable opinion of the uniforms. Between websites, polls, water cooler talk, local news, local sports talk, local hot talk... I would say over 75% has been favorable of the new uniforms. They aren't my exact taste, but to use this forum as the measuring stick isn't exactly valid. This forum is primarily uniform traditionalist... so any departure from the traditional comes with innate hesitation/criticism.

Now, its true, we should respect differing opinions, but those have to have some ground to stand on. Right off the bat... an extremely MODERN uniform design with camo pattern mixed with an extremely TRADITIONAL number font. Red flag there. The camo jersey is just a cluster. At least with the new uniforms, there is some cohesiveness with the shoulder stripes, and pants stripes, and helmet stripes. The fonts match. The large wordmark on the chest matches the large wordmark on the pants. There is at least cohesion. The camo jersey has none of it. Bashing the new uniforms for the subtle seem stitching because its looks disjointed and striking would certainty result in bashing the camo uniform because the whole thing is disjointed and striking.

My whole point is, today people take things to the Nth degree to express their opinions. Its one thing to exaggerate for affect... its another thing to completely OVER exaggerate.

What if we pretty much all think this is not OVER exaggerating? The "subtle" stitching would be better off on a Walmart replica, the chest and pants wordmarks that "matches" both look equally stupid and the truncated pants stripes are amateurish as it gets. This seems like ground to stand on for me and for a lot of folks here. Sorry to piss in your Cheerios...

I don't get *THIS* reactionary at all. I tell it like it is, always have from day one when it comes to my favorite teams. I give them props when they deserve props, and I criticize them when they deserve criticism... just like I do for every other team.

My issue is that modern society has this propensity to exaggerate an extreme amount when it comes to voicing their "opinions." Those camo uniforms look like hell. The new Browns uniforms aren't great by any means, but no one would compare the 2 and say the camo is a better look. You and I both know that wasn't his actual opinion. He was going for a reaction. He got it. He was trolling and I gave the troll what he wanted.

No offense, but you do kinda overreact to anything negative about the Browns.

FWIW, I too think that the camo jerseys look better than the new Browns jerseys. Neither is a great look but if I had to choose between the two, I'm going with the camo jersey. Am I just "going for a reaction?"

BB52Big.jpg

The "Kellen Winslow II Memorial Mutha:censored:ing Soulja" jerseys

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Polling has showed that a significant portion of the fan base likes the uniforms. I would actually contest that the majority of the fans have a favorable opinion of the uniforms. Between websites, polls, water cooler talk, local news, local sports talk, local hot talk... I would say over 75% has been favorable of the new uniforms. They aren't my exact taste, but to use this forum as the measuring stick isn't exactly valid. This forum is primarily uniform traditionalist... so any departure from the traditional comes with innate hesitation/criticism.

I know we've had this discussion before, but I don't think a polling of browns fans is any decent indicator of the merits of this uniform... or any fans about their own team's uniform, for that matter. Do a search on this site for threads involving "All-time favorite uniforms" and count how many times someone with the word Steelers or Niners, or Yankees or Leafs somewhere in their name claims that that team's uniform is the greatest. Fans have blinders. My current favorite NFL uniform? You guessed it... the Vikings.

How about wait a year for everyone to get a look at the browns uniforms in action... let the people who love everything new get over the uniqueness, let the people who hate everything new get a little numb, then take that poll again. Not just of Browns fans, but of all NFL fans. I'd bet anything this uniform falls squarely in the bottom five... not Bucs/Jags bad, but right there.

And I know what you'll say... who cares what other fans think, this uniform isn't for them, it's for us, blah blah. That's fine. But this isn't a site of just browns fans, this is a site for self-proclaimed uniform snobs... and I guarantee you the majority of posters on this site are going to continue to pile-drive this uniform every chance they get. You might have to try to get used to it.

I

Archived