Future Winter Classic in Columbus Concept

artmorris05

I know the 2016 Winter Classic hasn't even happened yet, but as a student from Ohio State, I always thought it would be a cool idea to host a Winter Classic in the future. The two teams playing are the Blue Jackets and Red Wings (Ohio State - Michigan). I drew up a logo and two jerseys to go with it.

Let me know what you think!

3dIqTNl.jpge8DrVU3.jpgDQiBnrX.jpg

It looks good, but here are some suggestions:

- Make a fauxback look for the Jackets kinda like the Caps were this year

- if you want to go the whole "Ohio v. Michigan" rivalry that the NHL is forcing down the teams' throats, you should make the other patch be the state outline or something symbolic to each state

-Lastly, change the teams. I don't feel that either team has an outright rivalry with one another. Make it Pittsburgh, because a lot of Ohio teams have rivalries with Pittsburgh (and as a Jackets fan I want to see Sindey get beat on national television)

That's what- She

It looks good, but here are some suggestions:

- Make a fauxback look for the Jackets kinda like the Caps were this year

- if you want to go the whole "Ohio v. Michigan" rivalry that the NHL is forcing down the teams' throats, you should make the other patch be the state outline or something symbolic to each state

-Lastly, change the teams. I don't feel that either team has an outright rivalry with one another. Make it Pittsburgh, because a lot of Ohio teams have rivalries with Pittsburgh (and as a Jackets fan I want to see Sindey get beat on national television)

The state patch idea is great and when I started thinking about what team i wanted CBJ to play it was between detroit and pittsburgh. I wouldn't mind making another jersey to add to the two I've got up there. Thanks for the suggestions!

This is very good. I like the uniforms, and the logo is great.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Ol6qFLN.jpg

stQ6IZG.jpg

So for the Blue Jackets, I cleaned up the look of the name on the back and found a better, more visible font for the numbers on the back.

I also went ahead and made a set for the Penguins as well. Its their jersey from the seventies with the older baby blue colors and a "vintage white" base.

Feedback is always appreciated, especially for the new Penguins set.

Not a fan of the pens one, yet. Just seems like too many colours when you combine the logo colours with the jersey colours. Perhaps it would work with the pens roundel logo. The Jackets ones are pretty sharp though. Can't think of much I would change.. maybe a bit more red? Pretty complete looking though.

Archived