Colorado Rockies Concept

Shumway

For the first time in probably three years (I just checked...it's been FOUR), I managed to find the time to do a concept.

Anyway, I had an idea for the Rockies and decided to see what it'd look like worked out. The Rockies are a team that definitely could use an update, and the MLB could use a primarily purple team. That said, I eliminated black entirely. I did initially have a darker purple to replace the black but ultimately decided to stick with one shade of purple and add a lavender color to offset it with silver.

For the primary, I didn't stray too far from the basic premise of the current logo. It's relatively simple, but I feel like a "Rockier" font works better than what they currently have. I used the Bradley University font as a base (please don't sue me, Nike) and angled some parts of the letters and added the spurs to spruce them up a bit. I'm not 100% sold on the baseball as the moon/sun effect, but I think I might toy with the laces to make that work a little better. I figured I'd post it as-is for some feedback while I'm working that a little more.

CR_Logo_zpsdfybotbx.jpg

I toyed with the Colorado flag as a basis for the cap logo (basically a Cubs-esque "C" with a baseball in the middle), and it just wasn't doing anything for me. Instead, I took the "C" from the font used in the primary, made it a little wider, and replaced the baseball with a mountain. Again, pretty simple, but I think simplicity works well on a baseball cap.

CR_Cap_zpsv1awrggp.jpg

I'm still working through the uniforms, but I figured I'd throw the wordmarks up here while I'm at it.

CR_Wordmark_zpswuxdnsfl.jpg

Hit me up with whatever C&C you've got. Hopefully this is just the start of me doing some more concepts.

This might be dumb but put a snowflake surrounding around the baseball because of the snow in the rockies

Nice Concept

As a Coloradoan, no. During the summer, when baseball is played, there's usually very little to no snow in the mountains

But as a person, THESE LOGOS ARE AMAZING

I figure one thing, Shum...if/when you release the uniforms, I'd bet money on seeing something I thought only happened in my posts :D I'll keep mum on what exactly that is for now though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

One of the best things about the Rockies is that they have actually stuck with their original look for the last 20+ years. Theres no need for a change. The other 3 most recent expansion franchises cant ever make up their minds about color schemes, logos, uniforms, etc. The Rockies have stayed with it, and its becoming a classic.

One of the best things about the Rockies is that they have actually stuck with their original look for the last 20+ years. Theres no need for a change. The other 3 most recent expansion franchises cant ever make up their minds about color schemes, logos, uniforms, etc. The Rockies have stayed with it, and its becoming a classic.

Many people here would disagree.

Many people here would disagree.

I wouldn't say it's a classic either

Top notch work here! I would get rid of the grey outline between the mountains and the moon-ball, and then, beef up that outermost outline a little bit. Other than that? Well done!

Well...it's becoming old. I'll give you that. 1993 was their first season, so they've had this look for 22 years at this point. They're due (some would say overdue) for a new coat of paint - that doesn't mean complete overhaul, but maybe a refresh.

I really like the scripts, but I think the cap logo looks very awkward with the mountain in it. Just the way that it is squared off doesn't seem to fit. However, It looks very nice overall. Can't wait to see the uniforms!

Archived