Colorado Rockies Concept

Shumway

Thanks for comments thus far, guys. I won't get to uniforms until the weekend at least, but I've already done a few tweaks to the logos. I'll address a few things while I'm in here.

- I'm likely keeping the double purple. I tried other colors (light blue, mint green, charcoal etc.), but none of them really stuck. I'm not planning on utilizing the lavender a whole lot in the uniforms, but I opted to keep it for the "purple mountains majesty" motif. I did darken the purple slightly. Who knows, maybe I'll bust out a lavender alt to honor Randy Savage :D .

- I'm also likely keeping the "C" for the cap logo...I'm trying some other ideas with the mountain, but I'm very much opposed to having an "R" on the cap.

- I think Colorado might be the team in the MLB most in need of an update (there are others up there). Their identity isn't bad by any means, but it's just lacking anything substantially special. It's just a very generic look, and i wanted to make it more "Rocky" and "Colorado".

I figure one thing, Shum...if/when you release the uniforms, I'd bet money on seeing something I thought only happened in my posts :D I'll keep mum on what exactly that is for now though.

'Scrim, I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, but I'm curious if I prove you right. I will say that your concepts are always very creative and out-of-the-box, while my tastes, specifically for baseball, are very much traditional.

One of the best things about the Rockies is that they have actually stuck with their original look for the last 20+ years. Theres no need for a change. The other 3 most recent expansion franchises cant ever make up their minds about color schemes, logos, uniforms, etc. The Rockies have stayed with it, and its becoming a classic.

Many people here would disagree.

I wouldn't say it's a classic either

Its the only uniforms theyve ever had, so while they arent an old time tradition, they are getting there.

The Tigers have kept their look for over 100 years, and resisted the urge to say "its time for something new".

I dont see anything wrong, or outdated about the Rockies uniforms. I hate the black vests, but the home/road/purple alt. set is nice.

I guess I just think teams should stick with a decent look more often. The Rays improved their look, but the D'Backs and Marlins got worse.

Nailed it. I don't know why but that font just screams Colorado.

As a Coloradan I HATE THIS.

Colorado and mainly Denver is not Western. We are not a cowboy/ranch town.

DENVER may not be, but COLORADO certainly is. It's sort of rooted into the history of the state.

The Rockies play in Denver, CO. Not in Grand Junction or Pueblo or Burlington etc...

I like the two purples, but I think it's unneeded. I honestly think the Rockies could perfect a purple and white color scheme, using silver or gray as a tertiary color (for the logos).

Also, something about that logo outline isn't quite doing it for me. It looks fine on the mountain, but feels unneeded around the text.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

It's very clean so I like that. The thing that bothers me when I see this is that it appears to be tilting downward to the left, even though it's actually not. Since the R has serifs and the corners of the S don't stick out as much as the serifs on the opposite side, it ruins the symmetry. Not everything has to be perfectly symmetrical, but they could be closer.

Another thing is the gray outline looks too thin, and like derschwigg said, because the gray outline around the mountains cuts in front of the ball, it kind of makes the ball look disconnected.

Sorry for the delay...I had a job interview this morning, so my weekend went towards preparing for that.

Anyway, no uniforms (yet), but I have an update to logos. I tested out some other options for the cap logo as well as some darker colors that I figured I'd throw up here while I'm working some things out.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-11%20at%2010.39.

That update really did the trick!

I didn't think the outline would work, but thickening it definitely helped out a ton. I do prefer the darker version. And I'm glad you dropped the outline on the lettering.

I can't think of any way to improve it.

P.S. I was going to say flip the snow on the mountain so that it balances out a bit more, but now I see that it was put there because the "sun" is reflecting off of it.

Well done, and for the record, I think the balance is fine--I was just trying to be nitpicky.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

That update really did the trick!

I didn't think the outline would work, but thickening it definitely helped out a ton. I do prefer the darker version. And I'm glad you dropped the outline on the lettering.

I can't think of any way to improve it.

P.S. I was going to say flip the snow on the mountain so that it balances out a bit more, but now I see that it was put there because the "sun" is reflecting off of it.

Well done, and for the record, I think the balance is fine--I was just trying to be nitpicky.

I agree. The darker is better

The darker is definitely better, and I like the B1 cap option is my favorite. The one thing that's throwing me off is the E in Rockies. The middle bar looks like it sticks out too far and doesn't look right because it's going the opposite direction of the rest of the letter.

spacer.png

Nailed it. I don't know why but that font just screams Colorado.

As a Coloradan I HATE THIS.

Colorado and mainly Denver is not Western. We are not a cowboy/ranch town.

DENVER may not be, but COLORADO certainly is. It's sort of rooted into the history of the state.

The Rockies play in Denver, CO. Not in Grand Junction or Pueblo or Burlington etc...

Is their name the Colorado Rockies or the Denver Rockies? Are the Rockies IN Denver?

Calm down and stop being so damn literal. Also unless you were going to offer some actual constructive criticism, maybe withhold saying you "HATE" things.

The darker is definitely better, and I like the B1 cap option is my favorite. The one thing that's throwing me off is the E in Rockies. The middle bar looks like it sticks out too far and doesn't look right because it's going the opposite direction of the rest of the letter.

This was actually something I wasn't so sure about, honestly. In the end, I like that it fit between the serifs. Maybe making it shorter will make it look less awkward.

Please Please Please for the love of god... replace the light purple with silver. Just try it. It'll flow so nicely if you try to add the old school vest uniforms. Light Purple just doesn't look right. I may be wrong but give it a chance.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived