U.S. Soccer New Logo?

Sport Billy

This is one :censored: downgrade.

Agreed. It reminds me of a logo for a create team on FIFA.
Downgrade? The poop emoji would be an upgrade from the current crest. Beveled stars? "US" in italic Arial? A red field with blue stripes? It looks like it was made by someone trying to mock the United States.

As for the leak, the blue outer stroke could be thicker, but overall I like it a lot. Simple isn't a bad thing, IMO, given the simple US imagery to draw from.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big fan of the new logo. The other was such a mess, so I'm really happy this one is more clean. It looks as much like a soccer crest as any other country's crest, and it gets the U.S. imagery across without being in your face. Upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting quote from Footy Headlines about the fake: "Nike will reveal the new Nike US Soccer 2016 Jerseys featuring the new US Soccer 2016 crest in March 2016, but neither the new home or away kit will be even close to the 'leaked kit'." Interesting to say the least.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Does anyone know if authentic version of the current U.S. second jersey ever got released? I've only seen fakes on eBay and no stores online have ever had them that I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

thread bump, new USSF logo coming very soon (probably Monday as USSF folks like Gulati are back in the US) and just prior to MLS kicking off their season.

+ the darker colors

-the uSa font

-the uSa blue on white, should be the other way around

missed opportunity to not use the shape of the 1950 crest - which was also used in slight variations for all but the 1993 follow up logos. Just the shape itself screams USA. (Highway road signs for example)

wsotp-blog-us-crest-history.png?w=628&h=

On 2/26/2016 at 6:38 AM, aawagner011 said:

So I suppose Friday is the day for the new crest? All US Soccer accounts have blank avatars and this video:

ussoccer.com is also down, as well.

20 hours ago, mattb6 said:

There are small improvements I would still make to this new crest, but it is still a massive upgrade over the old one. The old shield shape was perfectly fine; I would have preferred a blue field with white USA text, but whatcha gonna do? Either way, this is a big step in the right direction and a much more classic look. I'm also so glad they are reverting back to the true colors. The super bright shades of red and blue weren't doing it for me. I'll take it.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

There are small improvements I would still make to this new crest, but it is still a massive upgrade over the old one. The old shield shape was perfectly fine; I would have preferred a blue field with white USA text, but whatcha gonna do? Either way, this is a big step in the right direction and a much more classic look. I'm also so glad they are reverting back to the true colors. The super bright shades of red and blue weren't doing it for me. I'll take it.

Totally agree here. A blue field with with USA text would've been far superior, but this still beats the old crest by a country mile. An update well over a decade overdue.

Archived