U.S. Soccer New Logo?

Sport Billy

3 hours ago, C-Squared said:

SB Nation edited the content of the article after getting slaughtered in the comments section on facebook... et tu, SB Nation?

Only the second worst fiasco of their last week. #holtzclaw

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.  I'm pleasantly surprised at how well received my mockup was.  When I'd viewed the file at 50% size, it looked good, so I just shrunk it to hide the imperfections.  If looks even better on my phone.  XD  I guess that's how a lot of people are viewing it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 3/1/2016 at 3:39 AM, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Ahhhhh, but screw it.  I did it anyway.  It's really slapshod and crappy looking, but I did it in Paint in half an hour and it gets the idea across.  No disrespect to the original artist, of course.

nqa9ht.jpg

I like it, although it looks very 40's war efforty, like something Captain America would wear.  Mayhaps all the white gives it a more modern-looking look that the federation wants.  Or, maybe it's just because tracing this in paint caused the letters to be rounded and bubbly.  XD

I like all 4 of these better than the one they released. I think its the white background that ruins it for me. I really like the ones here with a yellow outlne.

12 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Not sure if photoshopped, but this image clearly has the same details as those grainy, zoomed in additional leaks today.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm really skeptical of this.  Here's a comparison between the official unveiling, image from the women's poster, and two images from these leaks.

wt6qfa.jpg

To the eye, the third doesn't look right compared to the first two.  I know there's going to be inconsistencies when stretching and stuff, but it doesn't look 100% right.  The fourth one, on the other hand, is a completely different shape, and even a great amount of stretching doesn't excuse what seems to be major differences.  Either there's some weird stretching going on, or it's a rather poorly done photoshop job.  Of course, I'm used to the way photoshopped numbering looks on a baseball jersey, so something being off may not mean it's not legit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Amazing how such minute adjustments really make a world a difference.  Would still like to see a "unique" USSF element incorporated into the design – like a snake – but I'm not sure that the striped portion of the shield, in its current shape, can support it.

On 01 March 2016 at 10:02 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

im not really one for "here's what i would have done logo proposals" but Manuel dos Santos nailed it here. the shapes, alignment, spacing, and weights of this little tweak make for a far better crafted logo. you might say "but it doesn't feature 13 stripes!", but with this concept, 13 stripes doesn't work. it's still clear what this logo represents, and thats the point while having a well crafted logo, but if you want 13 stripes, its just not going to work within this design

CcbFD5lVAAEi09b.jpg

I really do not get why USA Soccer insists on dressing the women's team in black and neon mountain dew yellowish-green. Makes absolutely no sense.

If they wanted to push the envelope design wise, it would have been a perfect opportunity to combine the two national colors, blue and red, and mix them in a way that..... you guessed it :)

Somewhat contemplating buying that warmup shirt out of spite...

Tonight the ladies played in the old kits, but the new crest was mixed in on a few of the promotional stuff. Pretty weird sight.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

1 hour ago, Purple said:

I really do not get why USA Soccer insists on dressing the women's team in black and neon mountain dew yellowish-green. Makes absolutely no sense.

If they wanted to push the envelope design wise, it would have been a perfect opportunity to combine the two national colors, blue and red, and mix them in a way that..... you guessed it :)

Purple?!  What are you doing in here?!  This is the American team!  We've got enough trouble dealing with Black.  Now we've got to worry about Purple?

Unless... purple mountain majesties...  All right.  I'll give you that, sir.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived