D3 Designs

Hey guys, I thought I would share with you some concepts I have been doing for a concept page on Instagram known as World of Jersey Concepts. Myself and 3 other artists are currently hard at work finishing up our first series where we are attempting to design alternate jerseys for each team in the league. I'll be posting each jersey I created for the series and maybe a handful that won't end up in the final series. To see each team go to @worldofjerseyconcepts on instagram and give us a like and some feedback.

Anyways on to the concepts. First up is the Chicago Blackhawks. For this concepts I wanted to create a modern incarnation of the classic Hawks look and avoid throwbacks. What I came up with is a two-toned alternate featuring bent striping, a first for the club.Let me know what you guys think.

Chicago%20Blackhawks%20Alternate%20Jerse

jersey%20sig_zps1aiiueko.pngD3%20Banners_zps8gift6us.png

This start is alright. This took a little while to grow on me though, and I can see some people reacting the same as I did.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Not sure exactly how I feel about the colours, but really like the panthers main logo. I don't know though, they could grow on me. I think someone else said two colours doesn't work, I'd tend to agree. Feel like it needs a third colour just to add emphasis, even if it is sparingly. Something either light or dark to provide some accents in the panther eyes perhaps. Not sure.

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. Next onto the LA Kings. For this jersey I wanted to go for a traditional feel while avoiding merely recreating the original forum blue uniforms. I was also debating on whether or not to use brown pants and gloves to create a vintage feel. Let me know if that was a wise choice.

la%20alttt%20ruf_zpsbdygbdor.png

Next up is the Florida Panthers. For this set I wanted to create a primarily gold uniform with traditional striping. I also axed navy and white in exchange for a two toned scheme of gold and red. Let me know what you guys think.

florida%20ALT%20RUFF_zpswbx5rkxs.png

Oh no no...

Sorry but that just doesn't work. The crest gets lost right away and the two colours don't play well together.

Hawks: New twist on classic jerseys. I like it. Only problems are the back number readability and the fact that it's hard to tell if it's a home or away jersey. If it's home like you said I would make it red and black.

Panthers: I like it more than everyone else here seems to. My only real problem with it is that it's too similar to the Wild. If the colors not being contrasting enough is a problem just go with yellow and blue. I like that logo much better than their primary as well. You also forgot the sock but I can figure it out from the jersey.

Kings: Only thing I don't like is the logo, I'm not sure if it's the recolor or not. Regardless I would lose the darker purple in the logo, it doesn't show up anywhere else and looks a bit odd.

Habs: It looks better than you'd expect for a Habs jersey in that type of style. I would just continue the diagonal stripe to the back until it reaches the bottom of the jersey. Not much of a change but at least it wouldn't just be ending awkwardly.

They're all looking pretty good so far. Looking forward to see if you do a Pens one especially as well.

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

I'm in the minority, I know but i'm in love with FLA. The rest are overall pretty good, though. Cant wait for MY Canes

Sorry to say I didn't make a Canes concept for this series but one of the artists I work with made one for the series. You can see it our Instagram page.

Archived