Quebec Nordiques NHL Expansion Concept

TrueNorth13

With my newest NHL Expansion concept, I remade the Quebec Nordiques. I feel if Quebec is awarded an NHL team, the name Nordiques should return. With that, I don't think the logo should change much either. It's already a good looking logo. So, I decided the best way to not anger Nordiques fans, but still change the logo a bit, I simply put it in a roundel and added a darker blue to the colour scheme. I attempted to add an updated husky as an alternate but it just doesn't work, plus the fleur de lis works well as a shoulder logo. The alternate jersey is basically the old Nordiques uniform with a shoulder yoke (I think thats what its called). The logo on the alternate is also the regular logo, just with my darker blue added in. I feel that there isn't much to change with the Nordiques besides the plain uniforms, and maybe adding a bit to the logo. Hope Quebec fans like my concept. C&C appreciated.

94Nko49.png

faLkqA3.png

liKPJWI.png

m7umzwO.png

I should mention, I purposely put the Nordiques on top of the circle because that's how they did it with their first logo. And that's how it would be in French. Nordiques is first.

It would be Nordiques de Quebec.

The roundel seems unnecessary and overly trendy, since everyone is doing them.

The font needs to be changed, it looks like a preset Microsoft word font. And I do agree the rounded can look nice, but in this case it just doesn't do it for me. And I second what morgo said about the thickness of the stripes.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

I like how dark blue was added, it gives them a nice, traditional yet modern look.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

The roundel logo is completely pointless and doesn't look look good (probably too much negative space). The hem stripes and arm stripes should be the same width. And please fix the stitching of the jersey. The font is pretty out there as well.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

You know, I'm honestly disappointed with the comments I get on these forums. Lots of comments saying that things are just "useless" and the template is off or something. First of all, saying it's useless doesn't help anyone know what they could do better. It's "useless" criticism. I tweeted this concept and I've gotten far better C&C than on here. People say they like it, some people say they don't, and the comments actually tell me what I could do better. I know not everyone on here posts useless things and some people actually help, but I haven't found many on my concepts. Sorry if the stripes aren't exactly the same size or if it's not symmetrical. I'm not a professional and I don't do this for a living so I don't have all the time in the world to do it. For those who actually provide good C&C, feel proud because it helps first time graphic designers like me. But saying a part of it is useless, doesn't make me want to share my designs. So chances are, I probably won't post my concepts here any longer. It's just been too much comments that really aren't helpful whatsoever. Thanks to those that provided real constructive criticism. I appreciate it.

I don't create these to please people, I create them for myself. I only posted them here to have people tell me what I could do better or what I could change, to help me become a better graphic designer, but so far, I do not feel helped at all.

You know, I'm honestly disappointed with the comments I get on these forums. Lots of comments saying that things are just "useless" and the template is off or something. First of all, saying it's useless doesn't help anyone know what they could do better. It's "useless" criticism. I tweeted this concept and I've gotten far better C&C than on here. People say they like it, some people say they don't, and the comments actually tell me what I could do better. I know not everyone on here posts useless things and some people actually help, but I haven't found many on my concepts. Sorry if the stripes aren't exactly the same size or if it's not symmetrical. I'm not a professional and I don't do this for a living so I don't have all the time in the world to do it. For those who actually provide good C&C, feel proud because it helps first time graphic designers like me. But saying a part of it is useless, doesn't make me want to share my designs. So chances are, I probably won't post my concepts here any longer. It's just been too much comments that really aren't helpful whatsoever. Thanks to those that provided real constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I don't create these to please people, I create them for myself. I only posted them here to have people tell me what I could do better or what I could change, to help me become a better graphic designer, but so far, I do not feel helped at all.

Just copy paste the hem stripes and use them for the arms, it doesn't take a professional graphic designer to do it.

Sorry if it's harsh, but like you said if you don't put in as much time in your concepts, the comments will reflect it.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Christian Legault: I never said I don't put a lot of time into my concepts. I put in 5-8 hours into each one I do. But I'm saying, after I create it, I'm not going to spend another 8 hours fixing it. I'm not making it for a paying client so I don't feel the need to really make it perfect. Or as perfect as it can be. I know anyone could do it, I just don't feel like I need to. I can't make everyone happy, even if I make it perfect. Someone will already dislike it. That said, maybe because of the attention I've got with this one (BarDown, TVA sports in Quebec), I might fix it up, I'm still not going to take everyone's ideas and please everyone.

By the way, I really love a lot of the stuff you create, there's not much to ever criticize about it. But I will, as kindly as possible, criticize your comments. There's harsh, and there's coming off as just trying to not see anything good about it. It kinda felt like that to me. I think to really help out someone, it's good to see something they did well, as well as something that could be improved. That's just my opinion though. I am Canadian, so maybe that's the Canadian in me, wanting to say kind things as well. (Just kidding)

Christian Legault: I never said I don't put a lot of time into my concepts. I put in 5-8 hours into each one I do. But I'm saying, after I create it, I'm not going to spend another 8 hours fixing it. I'm not making it for a paying client so I don't feel the need to really make it perfect. Or as perfect as it can be. I know anyone could do it, I just don't feel like I need to. I can't make everyone happy, even if I make it perfect. Someone will already dislike it. That said, maybe because of the attention I've got with this one (BarDown, TVA sports in Quebec), I might fix it up, I'm still not going to take everyone's ideas and please everyone.

By the way, I really love a lot of the stuff you create, there's not much to ever criticize about it. But I will, as kindly as possible, criticize your comments. There's harsh, and there's coming off as just trying to not see anything good about it. It kinda felt like that to me. I think to really help out someone, it's good to see something they did well, as well as something that could be improved. That's just my opinion though. I am Canadian, so maybe that's the Canadian in me, wanting to say kind things as well. (Just kidding)

I do notice now it might've come off as harsh. I know it's tough when you get critisme when it's not really constructive, trust me I've had a lot. I just really think your concept would go from 5/10 to 8/10 if all the small details we mentioned were fixed in those 5-8hours. I know it's possible. I'm also Canadian so .. Sorreh.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Tyson

I'll try to make a comment in a constructive way

Your number fonts don't work. They wouldlnt show well on TV, they are too fancy.

I'd put simple block number fonts.

The lys on the shoulderpatches doesnt show, not enough contrast.

White lys would work better, more "popping"

You know, I'm honestly disappointed with the comments I get on these forums. Lots of comments saying that things are just "useless" and the template is off or something. First of all, saying it's useless doesn't help anyone know what they could do better. It's "useless" criticism. I tweeted this concept and I've gotten far better C&C than on here. People say they like it, some people say they don't, and the comments actually tell me what I could do better. I know not everyone on here posts useless things and some people actually help, but I haven't found many on my concepts. Sorry if the stripes aren't exactly the same size or if it's not symmetrical. I'm not a professional and I don't do this for a living so I don't have all the time in the world to do it. For those who actually provide good C&C, feel proud because it helps first time graphic designers like me. But saying a part of it is useless, doesn't make me want to share my designs. So chances are, I probably won't post my concepts here any longer. It's just been too much comments that really aren't helpful whatsoever. Thanks to those that provided real constructive criticism. I appreciate it.

I don't create these to please people, I create them for myself. I only posted them here to have people tell me what I could do better or what I could change, to help me become a better graphic designer, but so far, I do not feel helped at all.

Okay more in depth C&C, I think fleur de lises are terribly overused and yours is fairly plain. You need to distinguish it somehow. Similar to the Winnipeg Jets, I don't QUE when/if they come back will use a logo at all similar to their classic logo for reasons of merchandising. I would consider that. The striping is fairly safe so not much can be said there, the shoulders look a little weird maybe finish them to a round? The number font isn't very athletic so I can understand the people who've said they'd like to see that changed however I think they're unique so I'm on the fence on it.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

I agree that there's maybe a bit too much white space in the roundel. I know you're going for a more old-school look with that, but I'd consider expanding the size of the interior logo and let it spill out of the boundaries of the roundel if it wants to. Think back to the 90s (I think) how much more exciting the Jets logo was when they tweaked their original logo and allowed the JETS to extend out of the circle.

I'm okay with the fleur-de-lis, they aren't overdone in your design. But I agree that they're kind of just there, both on the logo and on the shoulders. What if you went with the numbers on the shoulders, and a much larger f-d-l on the sleeves?

Archived