Oklahoma City Thunder logos (updated)

elliott

This is a fantastic logo for a soccer team.

I don't mean to take a shot at you like that. I really think it's a beautifully done logo, but it just feels a little too soccer-y to me, that's all.

A tiny nit-pick, you should turn Thunder upside down so it's readable in the upper-left logo. In the upper-right logo, try to put Oklahoma City on the top and Thunder on the bottom. The OK logo works for me.

Overall, great start and great execution. Just screams soccer to me, that's all.

This is a fantastic logo for a soccer team.

I don't mean to take a shot at you like that. I really think it's a beautifully done logo, but it just feels a little too soccer-y to me, that's all.

A tiny nit-pick, you should turn Thunder upside down so it's readable in the upper-left logo. In the upper-right logo, try to put Oklahoma City on the top and Thunder on the bottom. The OK logo works for me.

Overall, great start and great execution. Just screams soccer to me, that's all.

i agree. I do think they is executed very well. I love that it has a great color scheme and that its pretty clean. However, I think these are best suited as secondary logos. It's more soccer-ish or more for an MLB team as primary logos. I agree that the Thunder script needs to be the other way.

The Thunder in the primary is bothering me because it's upside down. Otherwise, great logos, but I think they get a little too close to a Phoenix Suns feel. The uniforms, however, are not very good. I think on them you have too many lines all over the place that make them seem clunky and not professional. As much as they work with the logos, they are poor.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Interesting, I love the logos and I like seeing different Ideas around. The uniforms are a tad overdone though.

I agree with this post as well. I think the uniforms are a bit busy, but they are definitely unique.

Logos are smooth, type would need to be bolder. The type should also fit in perfect center in the roundel (right now it's closer to the inside).

Uniforms are over the top, and that template isn't lending itself to the cause.

Color scheme is nice, but would possibly conflict with the Phoenix Suns, since they essentially (foolishly) dropped purple.

Monogram OKC is money.

I'd like to see the basketball logo in the center, without the roundel (which would serve as the 'partial primary').

I'd like to see the twister/tornado version work, but I think it's not as clean or nice as the other.

Logos are smooth, type would need to be bolder. The type should also fit in perfect center in the roundel (right now it's closer to the inside).

Uniforms are over the top, and that template isn't lending itself to the cause.

Color scheme is nice, but would possibly conflict with the Phoenix Suns, since they essentially (foolishly) dropped purple.

Monogram OKC is money.

I'd like to see the basketball logo in the center, without the roundel (which would serve as the 'partial primary').

I'd like to see the twister/tornado version work, but I think it's not as clean or nice as the other.

Solid c+c, thanks.

Definitely agree with your comments here. It's tough to work with the orange / scheme with the Suns around. My hope that the addition of the cream color, the unique elements like the vertical jersey stripe and circular arched wordmark, would manage to set them apart. Unfortunately the overall color balance creates a visual identity that's too close to the suns.

My original ideas included a very dark brown being used, with a medium brown introduced as well with the orange being a bright accent color to the southwest/cowboy vibe created by the brown. any thoughts on that? could be unique but brown can also be ugly in sports if used improperly.

Also, maybe the roundel's font should have "western" serifs, similar to the number font on the jerseys?

The "tornado" logo needs some smoothing around the edges when it comes to the rendering of the twister cloud. Hopefully I can patch that up with another pass at this.... thankfully it's an idea still in the early stages, so all of these comments have been helpful! thanks guys

Here's an update.

I borrowed the concept of a shield shaped primary from their current identity, because in my mind that's the only redeemable thing. Tried to keep the new primary logo simple overall, tho. Rendered a new OKC font for the primary, and tweaked the monogram a bit. Also smoothed out some lines in the secondary roundel and made the fonts more legible. thoughts?

TOX6qvX.png

Thanks for viewing guys!

Archived