Denver Broncos new logo for 2016-17?

Lumbergh

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Collar looks better navy.  I really hate that set, but the orange side panels with navy digits is an improvement, and the navy pants look good too (though now seeing it with the added orange, I think their white on white is pretty strong.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

den_on4.png

Assuming the NFL will try to Color Rush them next season, I'd rather see the Broncos in a modified neck-to-toe white (ala Dallas last year) than looking like a football-playing carrot.

6uXNWAo.png

The Broncos won 3 Super Bowls in the current logo. 0 in the throwback logo. If they want to start using the throwback logo again with a modern spin, it needs to be an alternate logo or a special occasion logo only. At this point, you just can't go full retro just for the sake of doing it just because it's cool.

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

elam01.jpg

While the throwback continues to be popular, like Bucco Bruce and Pat the Patriot, it's synonymous with 1980s failure. Let's just keep the past in the past.

Their current logo is just superior, as is the number font. Now that the jersey template has been killed off elsewhere their entire set is unique and cohesive, including the best alternate jersey in the NFL.

On 2/17/2016 at 3:34 PM, Cujo said:

Basically orange panels and navy pants to their current motif.

den_on3.png

Now, just clean up the rib and hip inserts and replace them with classic stripes:

7692028.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Navy pants are so common. Almost all of the NFL teams that have navy in their color scheme wear navy pants as their base road look, including division rival Chargers. I'd prefer the Broncos distinguish themselves by NOT wearing navy pants with their road unis. If I had my way, they'd do away with the navy pants they currently use (as part of their god-awful blueberry alt look) as well. 

On 8/12/2015 at 10:43 PM, HailGoldPants said:

What about something like this?....

bronc3.jpg

The horse in this is posed like a frightened lady who just saw a mouse in her kitchen..."scared housewife" is probably not the tone you'd be going for with a football team. 

9 hours ago, SCL said:

Their current logo is just superior, as is the number font. Now that the jersey template has been killed off elsewhere their entire set is unique and cohesive, including the best alternate jersey in the NFL.

Well, I'll give you that the current logo is better, but the number font has not aged well.  And really, when it comes to a football uniform, no other font can be called "superior" to a classic block. 

And the reason the jersey template was killed off elsewhere is that it was driven into the ground through overuse.  The Broncos would be well served to try to tastefully modernize the 80's look, working in the current logo, and simplifying overall.  But they won't because "Super Bowl!!"... like the uniforms had anything to do with it.

So let's trade an outdated 90s look for an outdated 70s look? 

The current Broncos' template has stood the test of time. They were first to use that modern style of uni and looks like they're pretty much the last. No need to tweak it either. Could you imagine how awkward their current set would look with block numbers? Ehhh...

Again, if the uniform carries a definite winning tradition, you're not going to see very much change over the years. How many teams have undergone a massive overhaul after winning 3 Super Bowls in the basically-the-same uni? Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, 49ers, Redskins, Patriots... Nope. Not one of 'em. 

EDIT: For a hot minute, the 49ers tried that half-assed burgundy/BFBS tweak before crawling back to the classics. They learned.

6uXNWAo.png

52 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

While we're on the topic of photoshopping, has anyone made an image replacing the navy with royal on the existing uniform? 

Nothing I'd really care to see on the field, but here you are...

den_rb1.png

6uXNWAo.png

Archived