Denver Broncos new logo for 2016-17?

Lumbergh

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about something like this?....

bronc3.jpg

That's god awful.

I really dislike the full body bronco. It looks someone drew a picture of a dolphin and at the last minute changed it to a horse. That doesn't look like a natural motion for a horse. The current logo is not great. It's okay to get rid of it completely. And most importantly, I want the royal blue brought back, ideally a shade that matches the old helmets.

Agreed. Navy and orange teams are a dime a dozen across the sports landscape. But orange with that just-slightly-lighter-than royal blue? Unique.

It's like when the Cowboys traded the royal and metallic blue of their old dark jersey for yet another navy/silver scheme. Why teams want to give up the color schemes they basically own for one that lots of teams share is beyond me. On top of that, it's way past time for all the teams that went dark in the 90's (Broncos, Rams, Eagles, Brewers, Mariners, half the NHL, on and on...) to reclaim some friggin' color, for Pete's sake.

Agree 1000%. Hate the Navy for the Broncos. The only thing I would say is to go to a true Royal blue though, not the washed out version they had prior.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

guess i'll be the first to go on record and say i think OP and/or his source is full of BS or at the very least, misinformed.

that said, i'd love to see a return of of royal to the Broncos too

2xPoHzH.png

This would be absolutely perfect. I would add, you can even do that logo in the OP as a secondary logo.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Ok. First off, the secondary broncos logo just isn't that good to start. So trying to pigeon hole it in a D simply doesn't work and looks terrible. Second, putting the current primary into a D and hiding half of the logo doesn't look good and makes no sense. Better?

Look, I like the idea of modernizing the old logo in the form of the new logo, the way that needs to be done is evidenced in the OP. Simply taking the old logo, cutting it in half and gluing it onto a D takes no skill, and looks like :censored:.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Ok. First off, the secondary broncos logo just isn't that good to start. So trying to pigeon hole it in a D simply doesn't work and looks terrible. Second, putting the current primary into a D and hiding half of the logo doesn't look good and makes no sense. Better?

Look, I like the idea of modernizing the old logo in the form of the new logo, the way that needs to be done is evidenced in the OP. Simply taking the old logo, cutting it in half and gluing it onto a D takes no skill, and looks like :censored:.

no you're right it is terrible. i liked the idea better before i pasted it together. i think the primary logo is strong enough, you don't need to throw anything else in or around it because it just becomes a classic case of too many ideas in one spot. and although contrast and variety in shape is good i think in that rough version there is too much contrast; the bronco is built on the theme of movement and speed and the D, while good for a font that compliments the logo well with it's contrast in line and shape, doesn't add anything when paired directly with the logo; doing this actually kills all the movement and rhythm the logo has. it also becomes overly complex in it's details, doing a logo like that would not be very good on a helmet and definitely not in embroidery. you would also have to mirror the horse for the left side of the helmet, unless you don't mind the horse running backwards on one side

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

no you're right it is terrible. i liked the idea better before i pasted it together. i think the primary logo is strong enough, you don't need to throw anything else in or around it because it just becomes a classic case of too many ideas in one spot. and although contrast and variety in shape is good i think in that rough version there is too much contrast; the bronco is built on the theme of movement and speed and the D, while good for a font that compliments the logo well with it's contrast in line and shape, doesn't add anything when paired directly with the logo; doing this actually kills all the movement and rhythm the logo has. it also becomes overly complex in it's details, doing a logo like that would not be very good on a helmet and definitely not in embroidery. you would also have to mirror the horse for the left side of the helmet, unless you don't mind the horse running backwards on one side

sorry if that initially came off harsh, I didn't really think it was but sometimes intent doesn't come thru well on a message board. Also, I certainly didn't mean that YOU have no skill because you have more in your pinky finger than I have in my whole body. I didn't really think it was an involved process for you throwing that together, just throwing something together quickly based on another poster's idea. So many times over on the concept forums I see people doing an update on the Broncos logo and it is the old and the new pasted together and it just never looks good. It's kind of a bummer because I would love to see you or one of the other big dogs here tackle their look.

Agree with what you're saying here, while I LOVE the old logo, it's the only apparel I really buy, it is very problematic on a uniform. That's one reason why I think it could be cool as a (more prominent than what they have now) secondary logo, or maybe even on the front of their pants like Nebraska does with the N. I don't know. At any rate, you have much skill sir, and I always look forward to your work.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

sorry if that initially came off harsh, I didn't really think it was but sometimes intent doesn't come thru well on a message board. Also, I certainly didn't mean that YOU have no skill because you have more in your pinky finger than I have in my whole body. I didn't really think it was an involved process for you throwing that together, just throwing something together quickly based on another poster's idea. So many times over on the concept forums I see people doing an update on the Broncos logo and it is the old and the new pasted together and it just never looks good. It's kind of a bummer because I would love to see you or one of the other big dogs here tackle their look.

Agree with what you're saying here, while I LOVE the old logo, it's the only apparel I really buy, it is very problematic on a uniform. That's one reason why I think it could be cool as a (more prominent than what they have now) secondary logo, or maybe even on the front of their pants like Nebraska does with the N. I don't know. At any rate, you have much skill sir, and I always look forward to your work.

not at all, i felt the same way after pasting it together, and thats just what it was, as you pointed out, a 5 minute paste job just to get a visual of that idea. but even if someone took the time to make it better, i think it would still look pasted in. it's just not a great combination. some of the old logos i've worked with get a lot of use (Ohio State has a ton of them) even though they're not an official part of the current identity, and that's what you see with some other NFL teams: the Colts use the bucking horse a lot ( i bought a cap last year with it) and the Packers have that old GB. the Broncos could definitely ramp up the use of that old logo.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I like the idea in the original post in this topic. But, it seems a lot like change for change's sake (like the Bucs recent blunder).

I wonder if there is a way to do a Bronco head where the eye looks like a "D"?

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

If I'm the Broncos and I wanna mix things up next year...

1) Keep the current "cyber Bronco" logo. As stated by many, it's a modern classic, 2 titles using the logo, borderline iconic in Colorado.

2) Update the uniforms with that flows with the cyber Bronco. Perhaps a modern motif that resembles what some major college teams are doing these days.

3) Do away the navy alt and do an 80s throwback!!!

r9oryc.gif

6uXNWAo.png

Archived