Denver Broncos new logo for 2016-17?

Lumbergh

I still really think a redesign is in the works with something along the lines of Ren's concept.

I don't know a lot about how/where these changes come from, but it's worth noting that the team is still owned by Pat Bowlen but due to Alzheimer's he does not run the team and has very little involvement. It would surprise me if a major change like this happened while he's still alive and/or owns the team, but isn't necessarily competent to approve it and see it through.

I suppose the team's president could do it, or that there could be Bowlen family members giving approval behind the scenes, but Bowlen was very involved in the redesign that gave them the current logo and changing it given his current state seems ... odd.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Following Sunday's game, I can say with 100% certainty we won't be seeing any changes with the Broncos' logo or uniform in 2016.

Can you?

28klbuo.jpg

As I understand it, if Denver is changing its uniforms for 2016, the call was already made before the 2015 season. I will say that the smart move on Denver's part would be to let everyone snap up Osweiler jerseys in the current style before updating so fans go back and snap up the second set.

3 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Can you?

28klbuo.jpg

The Rams had plans to switch to gold *prior* to winning Super Bowl 34. That, plus the Broncos aren't the Rams. The cyberhorse and those orange unis are going nowhere.

6uXNWAo.png

12 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The Rams had plans to switch to gold *prior* to winning Super Bowl 34. That, plus the Broncos aren't the Rams. The cyberhorse and those orange unis are going nowhere.

If the Broncos had planned to switch prior to Sunday, we could still see new uniforms.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Like the part of my post you deleted said, yes, if Denver was going to change their unis for this coming season, the call would have happened already.

The point is that winning a Super Bowl has no baring on the decision.

A ) *IF* the Broncos had actual plans to change their motif in the near future, it's getting yanked after winning title #3 in them.

B ) Also *IF* a major change were to occur there would be a near-protest, As much as some still salivate over the classic "D", I don't know a single Denver fan who hates their current look, especially now that they've gone orange. 

C ) In all seriousness, we're going off a something a guy heard from a guy. As far as reliable sources go, Paul Lukas, as recently of today, has shot down any Denver rumor.

6uXNWAo.png

8 minutes ago, Cujo said:

A ) *IF* the Broncos had actual plans to change their motif in the near future, it's getting yanked after winning title #3 in them.

B ) Also *IF* a major change were to occur there would be a near-protest, As much as some still salivate over the classic "D", I don't know a single Denver fan who hates their current look, especially now that they've gone orange. 

C ) In all seriousness, we're going off a something a guy heard from a guy. As far as reliable sources go, Paul Lukas, as recently of today, has shot down any Denver rumor.

A) - *IF* the Broncos had actual plans to change their uniform for next year, it would be too late to go back now (due to manufacturing requirements and such)

I don't believe they are making any changes based on this rumor, either.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Would love to see:

1. Remove navy blue side panels

2. Remove extra thick navy blue collar and spikes and use a simple, thin, navy blue collar instead

3. Add navy blue end to sleeve (similar to how the orange is on the sock)

596_1smcover_final_directv_manning_00068

What do you mean by spikes?

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Would love to see:

1. Remove navy blue side panels

2. Remove extra thick navy blue collar and spikes and use a simple, thin, navy blue collar instead

3. Add navy blue end to sleeve (similar to how the orange is on the sock)

596_1smcover_final_directv_manning_00068

Those "spikes" you speak of haven't been there since Peyton's rookie season in Denver. 3 years ago. 

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

17 hours ago, Cujo said:

If they had plans to change? They can't go back. It's too late. I don't believe they had plans to change, for reasons I'll get to soon. If they did though? Hypothetically? They would be changing.

17 hours ago, Cujo said:

Retro is in. I think a "fauxback" that used an updated D/horse, kept the current number font, and navy in place of royal would be well received. Just enough of the current look to keep its fans happy.

17 hours ago, Cujo said:

Agreed. Which is why I don't think a change was in the cards at all. The "Broncos are getting new uniforms/logos" rumours have been going on since a certain reddit member showed up on the forums. I'm convinced the team solidified their look following the switch to orange, and have had no plans to change it further. It's just one guy who started a rumour that just won't die.

Aside from a winning tradition, another other reason why I highly doubt a change was ever discussed is Pat Bowlen's health. Pretty sure the last thing they wanna do is jack up the look he helped create while he's ailing.

The Broncos unis are much like the Pats. Outdated striping, side panels, piping (in the Pats' case) and digits. Maybe we'll see a small tweak here and there through the years, but a major overhaul is highly unlikely. Winning breeds tradition. Just look at "classics" like the Steelers (no left helmet logo), Cowboys (37 shades of blue and silver), 49ers (grey facemask outta nowhere). After a handful of Lombardis, it's pretty easy to overlook.

6uXNWAo.png

31 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

If they had plans to change? They can't go back. It's too late. I don't believe they had plans to change, for reasons I'll get to soon. If they did though? Hypothetically? They would be changing.

Yeah, if a change is already in the works, Denver's already committed X-amount of money towards buying out any NFL merchandise with the current logo/colors on them, Y-amount for changing their logo/colors, and Z-amount towards any new merchandise with the new logo/colors that would already be in production by now.  They wouldn't be backing out because they won a Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I'm predicting the only change for Denver in 2016 will be a :censored:-ugly All-Orange Color Rush uniform. 

Or the Broncos spare us and Color Rush in these

von-millerjpg-15e8eb04aee23245.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Archived