Elmos World 17

Best MLB BP Caps/Jerseys

i noticed there was a new thread about the best NFL practice jerseys, so I'm wondering if any of you guys have any favorite batting practice (or spring training) caps/jerseys

I like the Dodgers' jerseys (obviously), but I'm not feeling the caps. The road cap (with its gray) doesn't really match the jersey; the road one should have some gray in it. The home cap should have a solid LA logo, not one with an outline. And that white bill gets dirty FAST.

Favorite bp jersey: Houston Astros

Favorite BP hat: retro Milwaukee Brewers

I don't know what my favorite BP cap is but my favorite era of the BP cap is the first era, starting in 1999. I love the "neo-mesh" (or whatever it may be called) material. My only "TC" hat is one of those, purchased because the Twins were still only wearing the "M" in games.

I loved that first year as well, because it was the only time we got a cap with the Brewers' sadly-underused secondary logo:

hmxi68n2tptcr9xj5nefx1o11.gif

Ha! I never once noticed the wheat "stitches" on that ball until just now.

The original era of BP caps were so awesome because they had some slight differences in how they were presented, but still weren't stupid like some of the current dy BP caps (Yankees white/grey bill, Dodgers and Tigers useless grey road BP caps, ect).

130814110724-16-astrodome-restricted-hor

moneyball3.jpg

msmci.jpg

Sure, some ideas were executed better than others. But still WAY better than how some teams mailed it in with their BP caps this go around.

477937871.jpg

The hat's fine, but I can't stand that jersey. The logo there should be gold w/ a white outline. That all-white A's should only appear on the home hat.