Maritime United! Dropping Anchor at Last!

wquarton

These are both quite serviceable, but pretty standard. Your symbols convey Maritime very clearly, but how about the United part? Four ropes tying into a knot, or a combination of the four provincial flowers are two quick ideas on that.

If St. John's is to share the home games, "Atlantic" rather than "Maritime" would likely fly better, since Newfoundland & Labrador is not traditionally included as a Maritime province.

JgYz4KV.jpg49kb3Ql.jpg

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Thanks for the feedback, Yeah, I tossed around the idea of Atlantic United, but opted against it just because it was so close to Atlanta United. I thought it might be cool to possibly inspire rivalry by pretending to include NF but kind of slighting them with the name haha, inspiring their own franchise, but I'll likely end up doing both versions. I really like your ideas about the united part. I'll do some wikipedia research and go back to the drawing board. :)

FKYyidk.jpg

I like this- and not just because it was partly my idea! If it were me, I'd try adding a stem to each flower, which could then be united with the other stems, or wrapped onto the anchor...

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Haha it was more than partly your idea! The flower thing was totally your idea, but it was a good Idea so who cares! Thats a good call about connecting the flowers, just not totally sure how to go about it. I feel like its closer to complete but still needs work. Yeah I think I will try with stems, I was thinking about also giving the side two perspective(sort of rotating them slightly outward).

I'm a little torn, not totally sure how to get it to totally work, but still in love with the concept(thanks are due to you)

This might be a long project... haha

Also - edmonton buddy! I'm not there currently but I generally live there... Go Eddies!

The second version (with the ship) looks sharp. I'm not a fan of the version with the flowers. Maybe it could be made to work if you simplified and reduced the number of colors in the flowers.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Plus why do the flowers for the Martime. Flowers would look better for like a west Canada team to go with the wild theme. When ever u look at thing you see to do with the sea does anyone first thought cone up oh must be flowers in the sea. No they think boats, light houses, lobsters, anchors, fishermen. Not flowers

The three flowers are meant to represent the three maritime provinces that would be "United" to support this team. I know it looks like :censored:e right now though. Thinking about ways to make it look crisper/pop a bit more without losing any of the current symbols.

There, I think this is a little bit better. Gave the flowers some perspective, not sure about the stem thing, perhaps I haven't executed it well enough.

Still think ^ mamiller99 is right though, flowers still look clip-arty. Especially the Viola.. I know not everyones a fan of the current concept, but its the one I'm going with so any feedback for it would be greatly appreciated. Specifically any ideas on how to make the flowers look better. I'm at a bit of a loss.

WpFVL4L.png

Archived