NDHA (National Dek Hockey Association)

Bpoe96

So I'm very new to the forums, but I've been lurking for a while and I'm not new to the concept community at all (specifically hockey), in fact those of you who read HJC will know me as the Thursday writer, but enough about my intro.

This is a very ambitious project for me (especially considering I started 2 NHL redesign projects this summer and have only done 3 teams...) but I really like this idea and hope I'll go all the way with it. As you can see by the title it's for a National Dek Hockey Association. Right now I only have for you two versions of the league logo as I would like to get that finalized before I move on to the jerseys, but I will have some things like uniform guidelines soon. I'm also not a very good logo designer so C&C is even more appreciated for the logos than it will be for anything else.

Now for the league logo there's two versions and the only difference is really in the sticks.

Version 1:

Concept%201_zpseu3yni70.png

Version 2:

Concept%202_zps3okulzbt.png

Again, not a good logo designer so C&C greatly appreciated, and which of the two do you like better?(if either of them)

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

dek is a kind of hockey, played on an indoor rink, without skates, you run instead. (basically more formal street hockey) and i agree completely, number 2, darken blue. i used to play dek hockey, so im excited for this.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Your first step would be to darken the blue. I think Number 2 flows more smoothly. Also what is the Dek for? Just curious

dek is a kind of hockey, played on an indoor rink, without skates, you run instead. (basically more formal street hockey) and i agree completely, number 2, darken blue. i used to play dek hockey, so im excited for this.

Yup, exactly what flyersfan said (wow I can't believe I'm agreeing with a Flyers fan :P). Although I know it's not always indoors, both when I played and my brother played (2 different places) it was outdoors, and it's also played on a surface similar to roller hockey. I have an update of the league logo and most likely some uniform design guidelines as well before I get to any teams.

Roughly how many teams will be in this league? And I'm kinda getting the sense that this is kinda like floorball in a sense. Seems like this will be a pretty cool series.

Quite honestly I haven't really thought that far ahead, but off the top of my head I'll hopefully get between 14-20 to start off with, and then if I'm feeling more ambitious or just not bored with the project I'll expand out to 30.

I like number 2 the most, but both seem outdated and generic for this time. Something to make it more unique, like a silhouette of someone running with a stick would be cool, and something that no other league could really make...

On a completely related note where do you play Dek hockey? I know there's a rink in Murraysville (behind the Sheetz), and when I've driven past I've seen people play there, and at the renegades rink there's a roller rink set up that I guess you could play at... Anyway I'm just curious because we have a small but growing roller hockey community out here and I was wondering if it was the same out in Pittsburgh.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

I like number 2 the most, but both seem outdated and generic for this time. Something to make it more unique, like a silhouette of someone running with a stick would be cool, and something that no other league could really make...

On a completely related note where do you play Dek hockey? I know there's a rink in Murraysville (behind the Sheetz), and when I've driven past I've seen people play there, and at the renegades rink there's a roller rink set up that I guess you could play at... Anyway I'm just curious because we have a small but growing roller hockey community out here and I was wondering if it was the same out in Pittsburgh.

I actually played up in Canada; I stayed there for a month last summer with some family friends and I was signed up for it up there. Murrysville is where my brother played though and also where I want to try and play next summer, and it's right down the road from the home rink of both the teams I play ice with.

So I've updated the logo keeping the C&C in mind, and I've switched it up a little more as well as switching to Pantone colors and also cleaning up the presentation.Logo%20sheet_zps90g7sjct.png

The blue has been darkened, the black has been removed from the color scheme (it's only showing a dark background on here) and "replaced" with a gray, and the NDHA is now split towards the middle with 2 colors,. Is this one better, worse, just a lateral move? Any more suggestions and C&C is of course still welcome. I'll post some of the uniform guidelines once I have this logo finalized.

So based on Jake's suggestion I took one more stab at it. It almost looks a bit AHLish now but I do like the turnout.

Logo%20sheet_zpsyqgfnz51.png

I also did a very rough mockup (just a paint bucket fill on another program) of an alternate color scheme; orange and black.

Logo%20sheet%20orange%20black%20mockup_z

Which version is better or was the old version better, C&C appreciated, and I'll be posting some uniform guidelines later on.

Are we going to see teams in these cities?

New York

Chicago

Los Angeles

SF/San Jose/Oakland

Portland

Seattle

Houston

Orlando

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Kansas City

St Louis

Toronto

Montreal

Hamilton

Quebec

Ottawa

Winnipeg

Regina

Calgary

Edmonton

Vancouver

Where's Denver? Anyways, I like the red and blue set, even thought it resembles the AHL, and I can't wait to see some of the teams!

Are we going to see teams in these cities?

New York

Chicago

Los Angeles

SF/San Jose/Oakland

Portland

Seattle

Houston

Orlando

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Kansas City

St Louis

Toronto

Montreal

Hamilton

Quebec

Ottawa

Winnipeg

Regina

Calgary

Edmonton

Vancouver

Where's Denver? Anyways, I like the red and blue set, even thought it resembles the AHL, and I can't wait to see some of the teams?

Philadelphia? The 5th largest city in America?

Yes Denver and Philly too.

And a few more...

Boston

Baltimore

Washington

Indianapolis

Charlotte

Dallas

New Orleans

Milwaukee

Minnesota

St Louis

Atlanta

Phoenix

Anaheim

Hartford

Oklahoma City

Salt Lake City

Wow you guys are right on time with that. I was just about to ask for city suggestions. Not sure what I'll go with yet. I was thinking about keeping it to non-NHL team markets for now, with a few exceptions of course but nothing is final besides Pittsburgh (my home city of course). I'll post my jersey design guidelines soon as well, just to show you guys the general direction this may be taking.

Archived