Sign in to follow this  
miltonANDlumbergh

Denver Nuggies

First concept in a bit, something I did a few months back. It's in the preliminary stages of what I would want it to be in the near future. I am going to add more to it including the Denver wordmark in the primary. Hand drawn "nuggets" wordmark and all. C&C appreciated. I know it is a simple design, I wanted to stay true to the mountains and am considering using the old 90's colors instead of these. Uniforms in the works for later:

nuggs_zpsfmwwjzzv.png

I like the "glow" of the nugget but it could be mistaken for a meteor. The "Nuggets" wordmark also seems a bit too 90's, but if you are going to use the 90's colors then I could see how that works.

Intersesting concept, but I think something is off. I'm not sure what, but if I were you I would be back to the drawing board.

Turning a lump of gold into a good-looking logo is a big task, and I think you nailed it.

if you'd explained this concept to me in words, i'd have rolled my eyes and assumed it would be terrible.

actually seeing it, i absolutely love it. i'd like to see it in the navy/red/gold colors. metallic gold embroidery on that logo would make it really shine in real life.

I like everything about this logo except for the word mark which looks messy instead of rugged which I think is what you were trying to go for with it matching the angles of the mountain.

thanks for the C&C, I am definitely planning on getting back to the drawing board with this and making some adjustments.

Only complaint is the wordmark. It'd look terrible on a jersey or a t-shirt.

The Denver Nuggies?

The Denver Nuggies?

Just a nickname we use here in Denver sometimes for the team.

The Denver Nuggies?

Just a nickname we use here in Denver sometimes for the team.

Ha! That's news to me, but I guess I've never lived at 5280.