High school MULTIPLE logo ripoffs

ECUFan25

So i'm pretty sure that we have a high school logo ripoff thread, and and original, but no multiple ripoff threads, for the ultra-stealers

I'm gonna start it off with the Livonia HS orioles (Oregon, Iowa)

Orioles%20Logo.PNG

They've clearly never seen an oriole.

Heh, that was what made me start this thread! I was looking for good oriole reference images and stumbled across that UGLY picture way down at the bottom after a couple or so hundred images scrolled through and I was like, .Man, I have got to show this to the CCSLC', and here it is.

Well...

In Arizona, we had Perry (Purdue x Penn State): perry14LR.jpg

Ironwood combined the Eagles head with the Seahawks wraparound: ironwood13.jpg

Apollo, in the same district, put North Texas's swooping eagle with Army's A: apollo14.jpg

They musta spent all they're money on drinking water, not graphic designers then. Huh?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here in Eugene, Oregon they apparently like to mimic the Big Ten (and teams from the Big Ten "region" like Notre Dame). I realize some of these are more egregious than the others, but collectively, watching HS football here in Duckville is like watching the B1G thrown into a blender.

Sheldon High School (Irish) not only rips off TWO schools, but two schools with a halfway decent rivalry - Notre Dame and Michigan State:

Sheldon-logo-300x300.pngS-logo.png

Meanwhile, neighboring Marist Catholic goes a step away from this ND-MSU dumpster fire and decides to call themselves Spartans... but they throw gas on the fire with this logo:

Twitter_logo.jpg

Willamette High School doesn't quite rip off a logo, but they continue this Big Ten mixup nonsense, by calling themselves the Wolverines (see UM logo above) and then use a logo that's clearly a few steps removed from Wisconsin:

Willamette-LOGO.jpg

And finally, we can't forget the North Eugene Highlanders, who can't decide whether they're Nebraska with grey trim or Nicholls State without a sword:

33825_ad319416c3bc423ba8167cbfded92cc0.j

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

So i'm pretty sure that we have a high school logo ripoff thread, and and original, but no multiple ripoff threads, for the ultra-stealers

I'm gonna start it off with the Livonia HS orioles (Oregon, Iowa)

Orioles%20Logo.PNG

That's hilarious...and who thought that looked like an Oriole bird?

87Redskins.png

Here in Eugene, Oregon they apparently like to mimic the Big Ten (and teams from the Big Ten "region" like Notre Dame). I realize some of these are more egregious than the others, but collectively, watching HS football here in Duckville is like watching the B1G thrown into a blender.

Sheldon High School (Irish) not only rips off TWO schools, but two schools with a halfway decent rivalry - Notre Dame and Michigan State:

Sheldon-logo-300x300.pngS-logo.png

Meanwhile, neighboring Marist Catholic goes a step away from this ND-MSU dumpster fire and decides to call themselves Spartans... but they throw gas on the fire with this logo:

Twitter_logo.jpg

Willamette High School doesn't quite rip off a logo, but they continue this Big Ten mixup nonsense, by calling themselves the Wolverines (see UM logo above) and then use a logo that's clearly a few steps removed from Wisconsin:

Willamette-LOGO.jpg

And finally, we can't forget the North Eugene Highlanders, who can't decide whether they're Nebraska with grey trim or Nicholls State without a sword:

33825_ad319416c3bc423ba8167cbfded92cc0.j

Churchill and South Eugene are just fine with that.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Why do so many high schools do this? I could sort of understand it back in the pre-Interwebs days, it was harder to get access to resources for original designs. But today, I just don't get it. At the very least a school can go and grab a stock design and, while not necessarily unique, it's at least not a rip-off of a well-known team logo.

There's this mistaken impression some people have that if you take a copyrighted logo and change it a varying n percent, the new design is yours. Complete nonsense, but it persists. So I think some schools feel they can have a professional-looking logo by starting with one and changing it just enough to make it theirs.

Willamette-LOGO.jpg

That's actually an improvement on the motion-sickness W. I'd like to see Wisconsin steal this, for once.

There's this mistaken impression some people have that if you take a copyrighted logo and change it a varying n percent, the new design is yours. Complete nonsense, but it persists. So I think some schools feel they can have a professional-looking logo by starting with one and changing it just enough to make it theirs.

Willamette-LOGO.jpg

That's actually an improvement on the motion-sickness W. I'd like to see Wisconsin steal this, for once.

I can't disagree. I actually like it better, too, but you can't deny that the drop shadow and the slight curves in the serifs are totally Wisconsin-styled.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived