NHL/AHL/ECHL Rebrand

BostonStrong13

For my first concept, I decided to fix-up the NHL-AHL-ECHL Affiliation program. I got a little carried away, but there is 36 teams per league. All NHL Teams are the same (besides jerseys) besides: Arizona Coyotes-Moved to Las Vegas, Las Vegas Coyotes. Expansion: Quebec Nordiques, Oakland Seals, Hartford Whalers, Cleveland Barons, Seattle Metropolitans,and the Kansas City Scouts.

For my first 3 jerseys, I have the Anaheim Ducks, for these jerseys, I kept the first 2 simple, without striping, and the 3rd has a stripe in there (excuse me if the numbers or letters aren't aligned, I mightn't messed up). 72freebie really helped me on these, so thanks! C&C appreicated. Here they are:

ANA%20Home_zps0fofqgwl.png?t=1439477273

ANA%20Away_zpsehpbm6iu.png?t=1439477274

ANA%20Alt_zpsx6ufd9vi.png?t=1439477274

I found out that the numbers on Anaheim's Alternate are too low, sorry.

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

I personally wouldn't use the Thrashers. Atlanta has failed twice as a hockey city. I'd explore other options, i.e. Kansas City, Milwaukee, Salt Lake City, Portland.

Thanks, Milwaukee it is!

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

Okay so it's a first concept, that's easy to see. That is what people on these boards are here for. I will tell you everything that can be improved on

1. The home and away don't really have a design. The home looks like it has been dipped in Orange on the sleeves with no real design.

2. You need to colour balance the home and away jerseys. For example, the home has hardly any gold on it and lots of orange. But the away has a gold yoke and black sleeves with some orange at the end. Home and aways should be the same design with a couple of colours changed. I would make a more interesting striping pattern that has all 3 colours in it. Look at current NHL jerseys and see the different kinds of striping there is.

3. The socks need to have striping on them too. Right now they are filled in with the paint bucket and make no sense at all. Use the line tool to make the striping for the socks and jerseys.

4. You need to put colour on the collar of the jersey. It is just white right now.

5. Don't erase all of the stitching on the template. It makes the concept look less sharp.

Analyze my concepts and look at the different designs and numbers sizes I use in my echl thread.

I would advise you to go to hockeyjersey concepts.com and look at all of the concepts that get put on there.

Keep trying, keep practicing

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Looks like you used the paint bucket tool and filled in the template. Bland, boring, uninspired, not a unique thing about them. Your decision not to do stripes seems more like laziness than a design decision. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

Perfectly said.

I'm curious to see how you post these. Is it nhl team and then their affiliates or all nhl and then echl and ahl. Also because of the Pacific 6 or whatever it's called are San Jose's affiliates remaining the same are one of them moving to the new warriors arena in San Francisco is Edmonton's ahl affiliate moving to Oracle in Oakland. What's going on. I'm really curious

Next up ts the Boston Bruins. I made the numbers like they used in the '70's. The Alternate was one of the first ones I made, so excuse me if the stitching isn't there. I made the socks, and looked at them right now and said this is something Reebok would do, so I kept it... Other than that I added some striping to the Bruins jerseys... Here they are:

BOS%20Home_zps053nvko0.png?t=1439496830

BOS%20Away_zpsmy0znj8f.png?t=1439496827

BOS%20Alt_zpsinha2jpa.png?t=1439496830

I'm curious to see how you post these. Is it nhl team and then their affiliates or all nhl and then echl and ahl. Also because of the Pacific 6 or whatever it's called are San Jose's affiliates remaining the same are one of them moving to the new warriors arena in San Francisco is Edmonton's ahl affiliate moving to Oracle in Oakland. What's going on. I'm really curious

I'm going to do NHL, then their AHL teams, then their ECHL teams. Spoiler: I kept SJ's team in SJ and Edmonton's in Bakersfield... San Francisco brings back the ECHL Bulls for Anaheim, and Oracle in Oakland is getting a NHL team...

#34ever

It's getting better. But the striping should stay consistent. Put the striping on the waist on the arms too. That would make this a decent set. Also make the numbers on the brown jersey either white or yellow. You also need to make the socks less Cramned. They have too much going on. Just put the waist stripe on them and put the arm stripe from the 3rd jersey on the 3rd jersey socks. You also still need to fill in the collars

I don't like this. The uniforms so far were basically the exact same things just with that teams colors. I do like the Anaheim alternate, though.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Not to be mean, but these are just horrible. The black stripe on the arms of the home jerseys is only on the front, the socks' striping doesn't match the jersey, the fill tool was used on the socks in a horrible way, and you didn't bother filling in the collars, the NHL-shield-thing in the neck, the inside of the jersey, or the Reebok patch on the back. If you're going to make concepts, use more than the fill bucket, and if you do put work into it, make it consistent.

Ok, I've seen a couple comments that just say something similar to this:

I don't like this. The uniforms so far were basically the exact same things just with that teams colors. I do like the Anaheim alternate, though.

Im looking for you guys to specify, I understand the Bruins socks were messed up, I get it, but tell me a way i can improve it. This comment ^ tells me that my jerseys suck and that he likes Anaheim's alternate. How can I fix that? Please don't leave a negative comment w/o telling me how to fix it up.

My next concept is the Buffalo Sabres, since the 05 lockout, the Sabres havn't had a good jersey, starting w Buffaslug, then all this unnessary armpit designs, then the horrendous yellow alternate. I tried to fix up the Sabres. Here it is:BUF%20Home_zps5o9u7tum.png?t=1439567770

BUF%20Away_zpsk2refemo.png?t=1439567770

BUF%20Alt_zpsbv6gtsvx.png?t=1439567770

#34ever

Ok, this is getting better, but the arms don't exactly match the waist stripes, the logo is offcenter, the home/alternate socks should be dark to match the jersey, and the red and black (Is that brown??) alternate is just horrifying. The socks and alternate were just copy/paste and fill bucket jobs, so try to put more effort in. Either way, back to the drawing board for all 3 designs, my friend.

You keep switching the arm design on the home and away. It should be the same on both with a bit of a colour change. Also remember to put an arm design on the back of the jersey. The numbers on the Sabres are also pretty low. The socks need to correspond with the jersey. Blue socks with a blue jersey, white socks with a white jersey. Again, look at the whole uinforms of NHL teams and see how they change the colours of striping and socks.

Ok, I've seen a couple comments that just say something similar to this:

Im looking for you guys to specify, I understand the Bruins socks were messed up, I get it, but tell me a way i can improve it. This comment ^ tells me that my jerseys suck and that he likes Anaheim's alternate. How can I fix that? Please don't leave a negative comment w/o telling me how to fix it up.

My next concept is the Buffalo Sabres, since the 05 lockout, the Sabres havn't had a good jersey, starting w Buffaslug, then all this unnessary armpit designs, then the horrendous yellow alternate. I tried to fix up the Sabres. Here it is:

You looked at our comments and it looks like you haven't learned a damned thing. This is another boring paint by numbers fill bucket job.

None of the designs are cohesive. Out of nine jerseys so far you have come up with maybe 3 different designs. Shoulder yoke, Wings contrasting sleeve colours, and a combination of the two.

You have stripes on one side but absent on the back view. On the front view of the home and alt you have a section of colour filled in but it's absent on the back view?

On the alt not a single sleeve has matching striping dude.

What's with the random coloured sections on the reebok logo you have on every concept?

Why do you have white socks on all three jerseys? This just screams copy and past and you forgot to change it.

I will admit I really liked the idea of the Bruins alt you did, sans the socks.

Archived