Fixing the Browns

mattb6

Originally when the new Browns jerseys were released in April, I thought it was a nice, clean, modern update with a few snags. After seeing them on the field last night, I hate almost everything about them, besides the helmet. I don't like how far the stripe extends, the number font and colors are terrible, and the pants look awful. Enter, my fix:

HOME:

ktBNfBk.png

AWAY:

A2wCqaL.png

ALTERNATE:

a3F550W.png

Starting with the helmet, I kept it the same. The jerseys are a much bigger change, however. The stripe cuts off at the shoulder cap, with the stripe colors being flipped on all white applications. The number font changes to an outlined standard block with a drop shadow. The colors were flipped on the brown and white jerseys. I reduced the size of "CLEVELAND" on the front of the jerseys, and the color changes from white to brown on the orange jersey, and from brown to orange on the white jersey. The pants feature a full stripe, and not the garbage that we were given with "BROWNS" down the side. The socks become the color of the jersey being worn, with the corresponding stripe. This leads us to one helmet, three jerseys, two pants and three socks. I debated making orange the primary home jersey, but decided against it.

Throw all your C&C this way, please. Thanks!

spacer.png

You fixed almost everything wrong with these uniforms. Just fixing the shoulder and pants stripes improves the look significantly. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the return to block numbers or that you kept the drop shadow. I don't have a problem with their new numbers, but I understand why you changed them. I do think that if you changed the drop shadow to an outline, these would look even better.

I dunno. Seems generic. I feel like if they were going to go this route they may as well just kept the old uniforms. Rebrands should be bold and take chances. I don't think the orange/white/white is the best look but I didn't think that was a good look for them in their old sets either.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

All of the fixes you made to this already good uniform make it even better. Great job

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I like all of the changes you've made to the uniforms. Especially the removal of the browns down the side of the pants, while I love the Browns new uniforms that is one thing that I hate about the current redesign. Though I do miss the brown pants. I always thought they looked pretty slick.

cleveland_ghosts_legendary_players_by_ve

Archived