Adidas Lands NHL Uniform Contract for 2017-18 and Beyond

LAWeaver

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You all realize that Reebok is a subsidiary of Adidas, right? I doubt we'll see any far-reaching changes.

Most of us do, but most fans don't. I'd be shocked if they don't use this opportunity to meddle with the league's aesthetics.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

A source told TSN that the deal would surely mean big changes to uniform designs, perhaps with Adidas’s familiar three-stripe trademark being added to some or all team jerseys.

Translate for people who don't understand: " F#%ing no! Just F#%ing no! God, did you see it?!

I don't get it. CCM = Hockey. Adidas != Hockey. Why they aren't using CCM brand?

4r2eer.png

Ads.

It's gonna happen

I was going to make a pun before remembering that you guys pronounce "Adidas" wrong over there.

Ads have been talked about for years. If/when they happen, it will have little to do with their involvement.

--

Interesting news anyway. Will we see another uniform system overhaul or will they just rebrand Edge?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Interesting news anyway. Will we see another uniform system overhaul or will they just rebrand Edge?

In before Rev30 Hockey.

Yeah...and we've already seen how many NBA teams that awful template has screwed up.

A source told TSN that the deal would surely mean big changes to uniform designs, perhaps with Adidas’s familiar three-stripe trademark being added to some or all team jerseys.

vader.jpg

Pssshhhhttt. Let the guy with the Vader avatar handle this one. Gonna bust out my hidden stash of Comic Sans for this bad boy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

So apparently there was a bit of confusion and the deal will come into place for 2017-18, not 2016-17.

Meaning that Adidas will take the reigns going into the NHL's centennial season and possibly the year that the new expansion teams come in. Seems to me like there could be a few new sweaters coming in along with this deal, although with such big events going on and the recent trend of teams getting smarter with their designs, I'm optimistic that they wouldn't screw this up.

So apparently there was a bit of confusion and the deal will come into place for 2017-18, not 2016-17.

Meaning that Adidas will take the reigns going into the NHL's centennial season and possibly the year that the new expansion teams come in. Seems to me like there could be a few new sweaters coming in along with this deal, although with such big events going on and the recent trend of teams getting smarter with their designs, I'm optimistic that they wouldn't screw this up.

They were getting smarter with their designs for a little while, but this years abysmal unveilings don't exactly instill me with confidence. Not including Anaheim's fantastic third, of course.

The original 6 teams will be fine. Reebok tried to get rid of horizontal stripes, several owners would not let it happen.

They'll incorporate their triple stripes on a lot of things, but few jerseys.

Don't forget the Leafs ditched the hem stripes when they thought the jerseys were going to be tucked in while every other original 6 team said screw that. So, never say never, though the Leafs probably learned their lesson. Reebok got a lot of blame for some of the horrible designs, but you have to believe the teams have the final say.

The 3 stripes are definitely showing up on the practice jerseys.

Is it possible CCM shows up on the jerseys while other stuff has the Adidas and CCM logo?

don't expect sweeping changes.... looking at umass's sweaters, I don't even know if I expect the cut/duck-tail to go away. if anything, maybe we'll get a return to REAL draw-strings, instead of those 1-inch noodles they have now.

newjersey.jpg

-edit-

also, i've never been a big umass fan or anything... but as a native m :censored:, i wouldn't mind wearing this sweater around in a texas winter. i love it.

Archived