2015-2016 UEFA Champions League: Group Stage

dodgerdog16

So for this project, I will simply be redesigning all of the teams slated for the Group Stage of the UEFA Champions League. When I say redesigning, I mean the uniforms. All of these European teams are far too classic to be seriously tampered with and if they look strange I'll at least clean them up a little.

UEFA%20Champions%20League_zpsflae3wng.pn

Manchester City Football Club

Stadium: Ethiad Stadium

League: Barclays Premier League (England and Wales)

With Nikes tampering of the teams that they sign and what ever they usually have seemed to be doing, thankfully they haven't done to City. This is one of the few kits that doesn't need saving and is just posted for the sake of you seeing all of the teams. Comments and criticism are appreciated.

MCFC%20Presentation_zps2ujfr6ih.png

Nice work, looks classy, but I also noticed that Kompany's name was spelled wrong! Just a mistake, though, it's cool.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Would they wear the premier league font in the champions league?

Yes they in fact do.

Shoot I'm sorry about Kompany's name. I always get swapped between Kompay and Kompany when I'm saying his last name.

They actually don't wear the premier league font in the UCL. Teams wear the original manufacturers font. See this:

Manchester-City-v-CSKA-Moscow-UEFA-Champ

versus this:

article-2524514-1A19CF8300000578-732_634

Although I am a United guy, I have always had love for the City uniforms. Nike does a great job keeping the kit simple and classy and you definitely captured that. Nice job!

The French and Portuguese teams have had a tradition of using league numbers without the league crests on them. The Premier League have not. Arsenal and Chelsea wore Champions League fonts one year before going back to their own team numbers the next year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

The French and Portuguese teams have had a tradition of using league numbers without the league crests on them. The Premier League have not. Arsenal and Chelsea wore Champions League fonts one year before going back to their own team numbers the next year.

Thanks for letting me know man.

Would they wear the premier league font in the champions league?

Yes they in fact do.

Shoot I'm sorry about Kompany's name. I always get swapped between Kompay and Kompany when I'm saying his last name.

They actually don't wear the premier league font in the UCL. Teams wear the original manufacturers font. See this:

Manchester-City-v-CSKA-Moscow-UEFA-Champ

versus this:

article-2524514-1A19CF8300000578-732_634

Although I am a United guy, I have always had love for the City uniforms. Nike does a great job keeping the kit simple and classy and you definitely captured that. Nice job!

Damn. I did not know that. Well I think I might stick with the BPL font purely because of the fact that it is like 100 times more aesthetically pleasing than the manufacturing font lol.

Juventus Football Club S.p.A.

Stadium: Juventus Stadium

League: Serie A TIM (Italy)

For the Italian champions, I've always liked the yellow manufacturers logo so I brought that back to balance things out. I noticed that Adidas put a bunch of vertical stripes on the home kit this year so I toned it down a little bit. For the away kit just a clean white and nothing crazy. I had a Nike version made because personally I think Nike makes the Old Lady look super slick and classy so I might end up swapping the two later in the series. Let know what you guys think!

JUVEFC%20Presentation_zpsfx6hcige.png

Oh, and I also made the choice to use a universal Champions League NOB and number font much like the way the Premier League does with it's sides. Man City was updated with the font.

Archived