Sign in to follow this  
zigzag

Grand Rapids Griffins announce new logo

Logo is a downgrade. Uniforms are an upgrade. (Though I probably would've kept Navy instead of Black.)

Hopefully they keep the Red Wings alt with the shield logo.

I feel pretty secure in saying that this is one of the biggest downgrades I've seen since I started coming to these boards.

Ass-and-a-half, half-assed.

Wow massive downgrade. If they wanted to make the griffin more fierce then they should have had whoever did their previous logo do it.

What a sad way to celebrate the their 20th anniversary. The Griffins needed new uniforms, but these aren't that great and logo and colors didn't need to be changed.

On a side note, Chicago is now the only former IHL team still using the logo they had when they joined the AHL.

I was pretty sure people had more than enough time by now to figure out contrasting nameplates are an incredibly stupid, ugly and pointless fad.

I HATED the old logo, and adore the new one. The jerseys aren't quite that good though. Thank God the old logo is long gone now, because it was garbage.

The new font is fine. But the new bird is way too cartoonish, even for an AHL team. Not good at all.

Grade: F

...Why is the arena/Grand Rapids "skyline" in the logo?

---------------

Also, why is the Griffin on fire?

Why fix something that didn't need to be fixed from the get go?

Huge downgrade...

Hoo boy that's really bad. Old logo wasn't amazing with the "oh, stop" claw, but this is terrible, this is some UHL stuff.

I HATED the old logo, and adore the new one. The jerseys aren't quite that good though. Thank God the old logo is long gone now, because it was garbage.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug, man.

I understand Griffins season ticket holders are petitioning the league to give their team the California exemption, so they'll only have to look at this mess 34 times a year instead of 38.

And here I was expecting something really bad, like original Phoenix Coyotes bad, but this has a special charm that people are missing. I think having a giant griffin destroying Grand Rapids is a pretty cool idea...