Green Bay Packers Throwback Alt Concept

ECUFan25

Everything is really nice except for the Packers that isn't centered and the numbers. Fix those and this is nice.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I like what you're trying to do, but I agree on the practicality with the league's current helmet guidelines. I'm not a huge fan of the baseball block numbers, I would've used a stenciled version of their current number set. For some reason, the stencil line going through the bottom of the 7 is really bothering me; I think keeping that part of the 7 solid might look better. I think that blue socks and a darker tan pants might look better, as well. But as a concept, this is a pretty cool attempt at combining the past eras with the present!

Keep refining, my friend!

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

Yeah, it's not bad, but stencils don't work the way you have them there. It's not an arbitrary line that cuts vertically through all numbers. The way you chop up that 7 leaves an abstract shape on the bottom and it doesn't read as a number at all.

I'd expect a 7 to be more like this:

7_years_stencil.ro_001.jpg

Here's a pretty effective stencil font - you can see that many of the numbers are in fact bifurcated by the vertical line, but when it makes more sense to keep elements together, like the vertical bar of the 7, they put the dividing line elsewhere.

Number-Floor-Stencil-ST-0069.gif

Archived