ECUFan25

Green Bay Packers Throwback Alt Concept

I don't feel like the Packers were too off, just a couple minor tweaks

football_uniform_styleguide_zpsuy41scxr.

That stencil line is too thick. Make the width smaller, and it will look better.

Everything is really nice except for the Packers that isn't centered and the numbers. Fix those and this is nice.

UPDATE:

• Fixed stencil line width
  • centered Packers

football_uniform_styleguide-2_zpspxx4xca

The biggest problem with this now is the practical application. As the NFL doesn't permit alternate helmets, the Packers would likely strip the logo and stripe off their standard helmet and wear those. If they do that, it's just too much yellow, IMO.

I like what you're trying to do, but I agree on the practicality with the league's current helmet guidelines. I'm not a huge fan of the baseball block numbers, I would've used a stenciled version of their current number set. For some reason, the stencil line going through the bottom of the 7 is really bothering me; I think keeping that part of the 7 solid might look better. I think that blue socks and a darker tan pants might look better, as well. But as a concept, this is a pretty cool attempt at combining the past eras with the present!

Keep refining, my friend!

Yeah, it's not bad, but stencils don't work the way you have them there. It's not an arbitrary line that cuts vertically through all numbers. The way you chop up that 7 leaves an abstract shape on the bottom and it doesn't read as a number at all.

I'd expect a 7 to be more like this:

7_years_stencil.ro_001.jpg

Here's a pretty effective stencil font - you can see that many of the numbers are in fact bifurcated by the vertical line, but when it makes more sense to keep elements together, like the vertical bar of the 7, they put the dividing line elsewhere.

Number-Floor-Stencil-ST-0069.gif