Flames announce details on new arena plans

TampaBayRays1fan

"Give us these shiny new toys, and we'll defintely pay for almost 25% of them, give or take $300 million. Otherwise, we'll just move to... Hold on."

*flips hurriedly through U.S. atlas*

"...Atlanta. No :censored: WAIT AW DAMMIT"

Have you ever seen a CFL stadium before? It's not Div. II stuff.

I know it's something some of you 'muricans like to scoff at, but the CFL isn't some rinky-dink league.

Edit for anyone: Here's all the current CFL stadiums.

15121223695_3a8e911b3a_b.jpgIMG_5032.JPGcrop_19674434721.jpgRedBlacks4.jpg8208200958_48bacc4c7e.jpg

crop_19596352047.jpg

1014_Eskimos_5.jpgAAXRRJV.jpg

2e2kups.jpg

None of the CFL stadiums are Div. I or NFL sized, the biggest CFL stadium would be third last in the NFL, and they can't be that big. But it's not like these are played in an empty field with bleachers taken from the local high school.

The Flames own the Stamps and they were looking to build new stadiums for both.

I doubt it, Calgary isn't big into the soccer scene right now. Maybe if that CFL backed league pans out for a Canada wide league.

Tbh I like the idea of an NHL and a CFL team sharing a stadium (or stadiums, will this count as seperate stadiums?). The CFL part doesn't look amazing, however. Maybe it will look better irl.

Doesn't really scream football atmosphere.

calgary_next6.jpg?quality=55&strip=all&w

Wow not many large football stadiums get built these days with tracks. And I'm guessing luxury seating is on the side that the picture doesn't show? Can't imagine they would build a stadium without that.

Wow not many large football stadiums get built these days with tracks. And I'm guessing luxury seating is on the side that the picture doesn't show? Can't imagine they would build a stadium without that.

Yeah, even Hamilton nixed the PanAm track for Tim Horton's Field. Though Calgary might now be able to corner both most winter & now summer Olympic training + trials.

Or maybe the IAAF doesn't allow such indoor qualification & I don't know wtf I'm talking about. (bow)

Archived