Sign in to follow this  
Ray Lankford

MLB alternate hat series

Inspired by the way that the Cardinals wear their blue hat when playing other teams that wear red, I came up with an alternate hat for each team for whenever they have a similar problem. Some are pretty straight forward, and some are hats that the teams already wear, but I took some creative license where I could.

altALC.png

altALE.png

altALW.png

altNLC.png

altNLE.png

altNLW.png

Before anyone asks, because the Padres current look is so boring and uninspiring, I just went ahead and assumed that their changing to navy and yellow next season.

Any C+C is appreciated.

Some of my favorites are the Dodgers, Giants, Yankees, Blue Jays, Rays, Tigers and Twins. Nice job on these, the only ones I'm not a fan of are Kansas City and Milwaukee, I just don't really like grey caps for them.

Most of these are either terrible to think about in a real life game or they already exist. I.e. rockies, dbacks,cleveland.

Change Oakland's hat logo to a green A outlined in white and i'll buy it right now. The rest look ok a lot of them would be way better if they had an actual jersey to wear them with.

Way way way way way way way too much gray. Only ones that stand out are Chi Sox, Baltimore, Houston, Miami, Anaheim. All of the others either already exist or aren't interesting.

In defense of the grey, the teams that have grey hats have either monochromatic looks or don't have enough of their secondary color in their road jerseys to really justify a colorful hat.

This is definitely something cool, but I couldn't see these in games. I could see these in a store that you could buy, which would actually be really cool.

Oakland looks like the orioles with a color swap. I'd keep the a or a's that are typically on the cap. However those are cool looking nonetheless

P.S. on the padres I really wasn't paying attention to color scheme and personally I could care less about that issue

I wish they would incorporate this more of this blue into their unis.

The Marlins cap is probably my favorite out of these.

Well, I certainly like the idea here, kinda like how soccer teams will wear different colored jerseys so they can be more easily told apart from the other team. I'd say lose the hat on the Yankees logo and the leaf on Toronto and this would look perfect to me. As for the gray problem... have you thought about making some of those caps white?

Well, I certainly like the idea here, kinda like how soccer teams will wear different colored jerseys so they can be more easily told apart from the other team. I'd say lose the hat on the Yankees logo and the leaf on Toronto and this would look perfect to me. As for the gray problem... have you thought about making some of those caps white?

I went with grey because they're meant to be worn on the road.

Just an idea to address the gray: What about a gold Brewers hat with the M logo, orange Tigers hat, gold Royals hat, red Blue Jays hat, red Cubs hat, all blue Phillies hat, all blue Nationals hat, and red Dodgers hat? Even though they would be worn with a gray uniform, I feel like a hat should always be a primary or secondary color, not necessarily a uniform color.