Victoria - Garden City FC

wquarton

Hey folks, I guess you could say I'm doing a bit of a Canadian Soccer series. Hoping to get some of my ideas used if this C-league thing actually happens. Anyways, heres what I have for Victoria - often nicknamed garden city, known for its flowers(obviously), the provincial flower of pacific dogwood. Thoughts?i2QJl2X.png

This is very nice, I like the use of pastel colors that make this feel airy and pretty. Not sure if that captures the spirit of a soccer team, but this is very nice. Great work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Guest darkpiranha

Agree with jrcollis. Very nice, but not as soccer-y as I'd like. What if you soccer-ed up the petals by making them more distinctly pentagon-shaped, like soccer ball panels, with the center circle perhaps a full soccer ball?

You appear to be using as many as 5 different shades of green. I'd suggest cutting this back to 3 at most. Use white and the dark green of the letters to create some contrast. Thicken up the strokes all around. This should help it look a bit more like a soccer crest.

Big improvement. The color contrast and reduced detail are most helpful. This has moved away from looking like a floral-shop sign and towards a unique but realistic soccer crest. I don't know what's going on with the verticals coming off the top and bottom. And there's a part of me wanting a little more added, maybe a banner with team motto or something. Some of the better soccer crests incorporate multiple elements to recall their team's history, geography, etc.

rATMcmK.png

Added third tone back and tried to incorporate some tapering hoping to give it a subtle first nation art feel, as there is a strong first nation heritage in the region. Thoughts? m0f7b47.png

Sorry for the double post, saw an error and tried to fix it.. my bad lol

This might be worse, but I thought i'd get feedback anyways.

Took out the gcfc and just switched it to a V for Victoria - had to take out the soccer ball because it was asymetrical. It's definitely less soccer-y but it might look better overall. I don't know haha

5w5wwpk.png

Added third tone back and tried to incorporate some tapering hoping to give it a subtle first nation art feel, as there is a strong first nation heritage in the region. Thoughts? m0f7b47.png

Sorry for the double post, saw an error and tried to fix it.. my bad lol

This looks solid. I think it might look even better if you use an old style ball, like in the Barcelona crest:

barcelona-fc-hd-logo.png

Their ball looks a little cartoonish, but I like the curves of the stitching. It might flow with the flower theme a little more than the modern ball.

• 3 weeks later...

changed up the soccer ball and added the(still slightly incomplete) banner. I'm not personally a fan of the banner, think the simplicity is better without. The soccer ball though I'm kinda torn between the two. YkmJFyS.png

I know I'm kind of late on this, but I think this style ball is definitely an improvement. Which one did you end up going with?

Archived