NHL Baseball Crossover - Update: Atlanta Flames

TheLAKnight

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrapping up the Central Division are the Winnipeg Jets.

WpgJets%20Home_zpsyrz07gk7.pngWpgJets%20HomeAlt_zps71okapn8.pngWpgJets%20Road_zpsquczchsz.png

Which Eastern Conference division should I move on to next?

I know that it's part of the actual Jets wordmark, but it would be great if you could find a way to get rid of that big thick outline around "Jets." It just looks awkward on a baseball jersey. I think this wordmark makes more sense. I like everything else about the concept, though.

I'd also like to see the Atlantic division next. I'm interested to see what you've done with Boston and Detroit, in particular.

Good call on removing the extra grey outline. The home and alt look much better without it. Also, switched the main hat to include the "jet on the leaf" but I left the lone left as an alternate hat.

WpgJets%20Home1_zps1usfbgzg.pngWpgJets%20HomeAlt2_zpswi7cx3ml.png

I'll keep the original Jets logos for a throwback alternate or for defunct team jerseys.

I have noticed that almost all of your home jerseys have outlines (even double outlines) and your road uniforms almost never have an outline. As a result, the road uniforms almost always look really plain. I would suggest you balance out the outlines some.

Unfortunately, most NHL wordmarks either: (1) focus on the team name over the location, (2) don't contain the location, or (3) are generic all around. The worst ones that I've had to use so far were Edmonton and Winnipeg. With that said, I was able to work BOSTON from the BRUINS part of the wordmark.

First are the road and black alt with straight Boston...

BosBruins%20HomeAlt4_zpsux9utx2a.pngBosBruins%20Road2_zpsuonwhdct.png

...and here is the full set with arched wordmarks.

BosBruins%20Home2_zpsxcmhue2l.pngBosBruins%20HomeAlt5_zpsmftvu9ce.pngBosBruins%20Road3_zps05up1umm.pngBosBruins%20HomeAlt2_zps7ojyi6t3.png

Boston is solid. However, I think you missed a great opportunity by not incorporating the spoked-"B" logo into this set whatsoever. Check out Discrimihater's Bruins-themed Red Sox concept. The spoked-"B" would make a fantastic chest logo and I really think you should consider adding it to the home white and/or the black alternate rather than having every jersey read "BRUINS" or "BOSTON."

I just noticed you never posted the Coyotes for the Pacific Division.

how about adding piping and space their wordmarks like the red sox do with their jerseys

The piping might work, but there isn't a natural break in Bruins like there is with Red Sox in order to split it

Photobucket was down for part of the day, but it's back now! Here are the Buffalo Sabres. There is silver piping on the white and navy jerseys that is a little hard to distinguish from the template. Also, the BUFFALO on the road jersey was made in a similar fashion to the BOSTON wordmark in the previous set.

BufSabres%20Home_zpsgydfnae8.pngBufSabres%20HomeAlt2_zps6yygcleq.pngBufSabres%20Road2_zpscjntoaxe.pngBufSabres%20HomeAlt_zpsokmkfjzw.png

BosBruins%20Home3_zpsxqgcgljr.png

That's a thing of beauty. Looks like a legit MLB uniform.

The Sabres are wonderful, one of your best yet. A couple comments/questions:

- Is the blue on the alternate supposed to be a different shade from the royal blue "Buffalo" alternate?

- Try giving the navy alternate a chest logo like you did with Boston.

Archived