NHL Baseball Crossover - Update: Atlanta Flames

TheLAKnight

I have noticed that almost all of your home jerseys have outlines (even double outlines) and your road uniforms almost never have an outline. As a result, the road uniforms almost always look really plain. I would suggest you balance out the outlines some.

Unfortunately, most NHL wordmarks either: (1) focus on the team name over the location, (2) don't contain the location, or (3) are generic all around. The worst ones that I've had to use so far were Edmonton and Winnipeg. With that said, I was able to work BOSTON from the BRUINS part of the wordmark.

First are the road and black alt with straight Boston...

BosBruins%20HomeAlt4_zpsux9utx2a.pngBosBruins%20Road2_zpsuonwhdct.png

...and here is the full set with arched wordmarks.

BosBruins%20HomeAlt5_zpsmftvu9ce.pngBosBruins%20Road3_zps05up1umm.png

Just because the teams don't put outlines around the place name doesn't mean you can't. Most teams emphasize the team name and shrink the city/state name, so they can't use outlines. But now you are putting them on uniforms, so they are of equal size. Match outlines. These Boston jerseys look so much better than before. Good job. Please do more of this in the future.

P.S. I love that Buffalo script on the blue jersey. That looks great on a baseball jersey. I'd think about using it on more (all?) jerseys.

award%20sig.png

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, after looking at

That's a thing of beauty. Looks like a legit MLB uniform.

The Sabres are wonderful, one of your best yet. A couple comments/questions:

- Is the blue on the alternate supposed to be a different shade from the royal blue "Buffalo" alternate?

- Try giving the navy alternate a chest logo like you did with Boston.

Actually, all but the throwback jersey had the wrong shade of blue. They have been changed to reflect the more navy color.

BufSabres%20Home_zpsps6sr8tx.pngBufSabres%20HomeAlt_zpsojpmmtje.pngBufSabres%20Road2_zpsrdultok8.png

I think I'll leave a chest logo for Buffalo if/when I get around to making batting practice uniforms.

P.S. I love that Buffalo script on the blue jersey. That looks great on a baseball jersey. I'd think about using it on more (all?) jerseys.

Home and Road Throwback (or fauxback) jerseys for the Sabres as requested.

BufSabres%20ThrowbackHome_zpsrz31gfgt.pnBufSabres%20ThrowbackRoad_zpsmx5nr1vh.pn

Honestly, I wouldn't go with vests for the Red Wings at all. Model their uniforms after the Detroit Tigers (similar piping, layou and everything), and you've got a winner.

Agreed. Vests aren't classic, they are '90s. Also, I would get rid of the alternate. The Tigers are one of only two teams that don't have an alternate jersey, and the Red Wings don't have an alternate either.

award%20sig.png

Honestly, I wouldn't go with vests for the Red Wings at all. Model their uniforms after the Detroit Tigers (similar piping, layou and everything), and you've got a winner.

Agreed. Vests aren't classic, they are '90s. Also, I would get rid of the alternate. The Tigers are one of only two teams that don't have an alternate jersey, and the Red Wings don't have an alternate either.

Vests have been used since the 60s 9388242998_b18514324e_o.png(1969)

The idea of making the home jersey a vest is to mimic the red sleeves on Detroit's white jersey. It's a quirky design to have arms which don't match the torso, but their jersey has been around for so long that it's become a classic.

As for the red alternate jersey, I'm giving all the teams some leeway since baseball went the white-gray uniform route while hockey went the white-color route. If I was trying to exactly match the NHL teams to their MLB counterparts, then yes the Red Wings would have only 2 jerseys: an all white home jersey with the D and the grey Detroit road jersey. For this thread, I thought it would look weird to have the Red Wings without a red jersey since that's been around since the team's (not franchise) inception. It does get tricky since the D is from the Detroit Cougars original jersey, but that's getting too complicated.

All that being said, I did make a new white jersey using the Red Wings script that is used on the team's helmets. I also updated the vest jersey by removing the Winged Wheel from the sleeve and making an alternate hat.

DetRedWings%20Home2_zpsasx1pubn.pngDetRedWings%20Home_zpstvh8vtbn.png

Not big on the "Red Wings" wordmark, but I love that new cap. I also actually like the vest.

Also, the arched name on back is great to see. I wish you had done that for more of the teams in this series.

Ya the "Red Wings" just isn't that strong on here.

The only teams that I'm arching the names for are ones that already do it on their regular jerseys. It's time consuming doing it the way I'm doing it by rotating each letter individually. If I had found a better way to do that, I would arch more. ^_^

Anyways, next up are the Florida Panthers. Before anyone says anything, I put FLORIDA across 3 of the jerseys because 3 of the 4 Marlins jerseys use MIAMI instead of Marlins.

FlaPanthers%20Home_zpsxinm2fuu.pngFlaPanthers%20HomeAlt1_zpstcszuvck.pngFlaPanthers%20Road_zpsvc0hlfvi.pngFlaPanthers%20HomeAlt2_zpsown4nv8g.png

Didn't get around to updating Florida. Wanted to finish up today's team: the Montreal Canadiens. Main set is pretty basic, but there are 2 bonus uniforms that I wanted to show off as well!

MtlCanadiens%20Home_zpsjveldpjf.pngMtlCanadiens%20HomeAlt3_zpsfqvnuuoy.pngMtlCanadiens%20Road_zpsv7y5nrba.png

The first bonus jersey is a cross between the Canadiens home jersey, which hasn't really changed in a century, and the Chicago White Sox 1980's jerseys. Even though a chest stripe on a baseball jersey is not nearly as good as is looks on a hockey jersey, I wanted to at least try it out.

MtlCanadiens%20HomeAlt_zpscwilzqbn.png

The second bonus jersey is a Canadiens and Expos jersey. After looking at the Expos old jerseys, this one looked like it would work best between the two brands. This could be Youppi!'s own personal jersey.

MtlCanadiens%20HomeAlt2_zpsb8hhoigw.png

I think that Expos-inspired alternate should be the primary home set. It's just more interesting than the home set you created.

I also think either the red or "Habs" top should be a road alternate so that you don't have three home alternates and no road alts.

I think that Expos-inspired alternate should be the primary home set. It's just more interesting than the home set you created.

I also think either the red or "Habs" top should be a road alternate so that you don't have three home alternates and no road alts.

I might just have to look into making a full Canadiens/Expos set.

Originally, the HABS jersey was going to be the only alternate, but I thought people might not have liked having a pullover for a team as traditional as Montreal.

With this next team, I altered the original set that I had made into 2 sets. The first set for the Ottawa Senators reflects the current home and road jerseys.

OttSenators%20Home_zpshr3jwusv.pngOttSenators%20HomeAlt_zpsw8cfho58.pngOttSenators%20Road_zps2rwtai9y.png

This second set follows the team's alternate (and Heritage Classic) jersey which is based somewhat on the 1920s era Senators.

OttSenators%20ThrowbackHome_zpssowndvnr.OttSenators%20ThrowbackRoad_zps8zfmazlo.OttSenators%20ThrowbackAlt_zpsa9vp50rr.p

In my first draft, the top white and red were paired with the bottom cream and black. I felt the identity was too disjointed like that. I'd like to hear what other people have to say about them to see if anything can be done to unify the set or scrap some of the jerseys.

Archived